Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Look what we found panning for Gold
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My family and I volunteered at a Rock & Gem show for the local Gold Prospecting Association to help the club get new members, teach a bunch of people how to pan, and raise money for the club.

One of the events was pan for $2, we got a half yard of mix and salted it with flakes and a few nuggets and everyone went to town. People whooping and hollering when they found a nugget was fun.

So counting out the loot on Sunday evening, we noticed some weird coins in the mix. Someone dropped Euro's into our money jar sometime during the weekend. Not very common in Canada even though we are part of the commonwealth.

I have only ever received one coin previously when my wife's cousin went to France on a high school school trip. The 50 cent euro is sitting on a vial of sand from Juno beach where the Canadian's landed on D-Day. Anyhow, I thought it was a cool story.

D
[attachment=5881]
Very cool story. I love finding coins from different places.
Good story. Never have had any euro coins pop up here.
oOOhh, very nice.

I have a euro in my wallet I keep meaning to take out, as I confuse it for toonies sometimes. Chuckle
(05-07-2015 09:46 AM)jaiye Wrote: [ -> ]oOOhh, very nice.

I have a euro in my wallet I keep meaning to take out, as I confuse it for toonies sometimes. Chuckle

Yeah the one is a two piece like a loophole...er...I mean Toonie. Wink
First time seeing these type's of coins, thanks for posting .
Reference URL's