Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Hey Now!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Took my son up to Sesame Place in PA this morning. Had a blast! Wouldn't you if ya got to meet The Count, Cookie Monster & Oscar the Grouch?!?! Made it home by 4 and I had to get my fix in. Yesterday was a great day for me since I found the heel plate with the heart cutout, but, I got skunked on silver, which kinda bummed me. Sooooo...

Decided to hit the same park again for a short 2 hour hunt. Managed to pull what I thought were 3 wheats first. Then I got a PERFECT signal. About 10", repeatable from every angle, faint whisper, hitting the high 30's on the VDI. Dig a nice plug, scoop out some dirt, check the hole with the pinpointer. Nothing. Good sign. Scoop out another inch or two of dirt, hit it with the pinpointer again, and the target is smack dab in the middle of the hole maybe a half inch down. Out pops a 1910 barber Happy My barbers usually come out looking great, but, this one has brown stains all around it. Black would mean a fire, but, brown...weird. I must've walked over this coin a hundred times. Being it was so faint though, and surrounded by other signals, guess I just had to hit it at the right angle and/or speed.

Got home and was rinsing off the wheats and something didn't seem right on one. Turns out it is an Indian...one of the worst, beat up, destroyed coins I ever dug, but, I'm happier than a pig in mud. Cheers Beer

Joe
Nice Dude!
Congrats on that 1910'er
Congrats on the oldies.  That barber may have been sitting near rust giving it the orange/brown look.

Nice score!
A bum probably kiestered that bud, better put it back! Way to go on the barber.
Nice hunt. You got some good old ones this time. What year is the Indian?
(08-11-2013 11:41 PM)Ron (CA) Wrote: [ -> ]Congrats on the oldies.  That barber may have been sitting near rust giving it the orange/brown look.

Nice score!

That would've been my thought too, Ron, but, no iron was in the hole. Now, there IS a decent amount of iron at this spot, though. Only possible explanation is that the iron bits and flakes were too small for my detector to pick-up, but, they were there with the dime for all those years, hence the brown color. That's all I got. ???.

Joe
Reference URL's