Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: No Luck Today!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
But tried like hell. I keep a record of my trips. Here's today's!

Have fun out there and Happy Hunting!

Ed/ODF
You found some cool bottles. I didn't even post my Sunday hunt. Not much to show.
ODF I'm impressed that you keep such tedious records. Congrats on the bottle.
Nice bottles, Ed. I always try to keep my eye out when I'm in the woods for them. Glad you whited out that map, as I was going to message you to tip you off on that. Good spots are tough to come by, no need to give'm away!

Joe
(05-12-2015 09:15 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]Nice bottles, Ed. I always try to keep my eye out when I'm in the woods for them. Glad you whited out that map, as I was going to message you to tip you off on that. Good spots are tough to come by, no need to give'm away!

Joe

Joe,

I white'd it out for any lurkers. The area has been hunted prior. A while ago. Most of the bottles I found were piled up in a small area and only a few were still below the leaves in the peat. They left all the iron for me. A cooking grate, buried tin cans, an old dinner knife, etc.... Better luck next time I guess. Besides, this is a tough spot to get to. You gotta be one driven SOB to get to it. But I imagine there were others!!! LOL!!!

Ed/ODF
ODF that looks like an old golf course to me.
(05-12-2015 10:02 PM)Kajunman Wrote: [ -> ]ODF that looks like an old golf course to me.

It's "No Mans' Land" Kajun. Just hunting, not allowed since the mid 50's, and HS drinking parties if they liked a real good hike. Never farmed, lumbered, or ever developed. Simply "nothing" like homesteads or farmland on the maps back to 1858. There were people there though. It's well over 300 acres. This 100 acre area was the first time I was up there. Need to go five or six more times. I'll wait until the Fall. Once you get up there the detecting is pretty easy. But it's a crap shoot. You look for spots and you detect them. Over and over again. It may pan out. I have a feeling it may be promising even though I suspect it's been hit before. Ya never know!

And Kajun, I cover ground. I did not turn on the detector until I hit the start area of my hunt which is represented by all the swirly dotted lines. I have to do this. Otherwise I'd never get to where I'm going. But I stay slow and low as much as I can when I do arrive. Good luck out there. It's there. You just have to find it.

Ed/ODF
Reference URL's