Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Do you know what the numeric 825 is?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Your help is needed
Last year I went to the beach and I found this ear ring
and it only shows a numeric 825 in the back
it's seems like a good quality jewelry
Is it gold? I can't tell by the picture. 825 would be the purity. Other countries use that instead of carats that we are used to. Just like silver 925 is sterling. 825 would be 82.5% pure
Oh wow, those are great news it's a very nice piece and a little bit heavy too
and the stone is really nice, the wife told me that she thinks is a high end jewel
thank you, Pittsburghwill, I appreciate you taking time
Your Pal
Rudy Yes
A good deal of the silver from Mexico and China is .825
(05-15-2015 05:18 PM)Dusty Wrote: [ -> ]A good deal of the silver from Mexico and China is .825

I agree with Dusty. Silver does have an .825 designation but it is not very common to find out in the field. However there are .825 gold designations which would make the piece even rarer. Have you tested it or taken it to a jeweler for testing? I'd suggest that if you don't have a test kit.

Ed/ODF
Thank you all, for a quick respond I'm going to have it tested
(05-15-2015 12:37 PM)coinfinder Wrote: [ -> ]Your help is needed
Last year I went to the beach and I found this ear ring
and it only shows a numeric 825 in the back
it's seems like a good quality jewelry

82.5% pure gold
We had a gold ring markedĀ  825

Found this

It could be a genuine quality mark. 18kt gold has a quality mark of 750. This is 18 divided by 24 (maximum gold purity), giving 0.750, which becomes 750. ) 0.750 means that 75% of your ring is genuine gold, and 25% is other stuff. 14kt gold is marked as 583 - interestingly, even though it is still called 14kt gold, most 14kt material is actually 585. This is sort of a "guarantee" that it's 14kt, because it might be a tiny bit more.

You have an 825. So if you do the math backwards, you get 19.8k. If you didn't follow the math, it was: 825 becomes 0.825, then the equation 0.825 x 24 = 19.8.
Must have been silver if we never heard anything after the test it only takes a few minutes to test. Still looked like a nice find
Good find! Congratulations!
Reference URL's