Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Some of my other england finds silver and bronze
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[attachment=5960][attachment=5959][attachment=5958]Here is the silver the coins are from the 12 th and 14th century a roman bronze key and a medieval silver ring or part of one turned in to museum as treasure
Very great finds for a trip! Yes Could those be called pieces of eight? They look a little like reales. Did the Spanish copy the Roman design?

Ed/ODF
Wow!very nice Steve!
Those are old English coins 12th to 14th century some are long crosses and the bigger one is a half groat what ever that means. I am sure the romans were gone by then
REAL NICE!
Man, looks like you had a GREAT trip, Steve! How many were on the tour with you? Is it just one locale that they line up, or are there several different places you hit throughout the stay? Killer finds Beer

Joe
We had a double group with 2 vans and 2 organizers so was a total of 14 people in our house or as they call it barn, Was a lot at once to put up and 14 at the dinner and breakfast table you had to get what you needed right away. This time I went for one week and found more stuff than I did when I went for 2 weeks. So I have signed up for 1 week again this next march.
We have many fields lined up you can go to one in the morning and another in the afternoon and sometimes the vans go to 2 different places checking out on what they can find never a shortage of places to go.
(05-15-2015 10:19 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]Very great finds for a trip! Yes Could those be called pieces of eight? They look a little like reales. Did the Spanish copy the Roman design?

Ed/ODF

Not roman, theyre silver hammereds from 12th century to 16th century and they arent actually very much like reales.
Steveo , you killed it. Stunning finds sir. I'm thrilled for you  , as a hunter that's the stuff we strive for. On the other hand I hope you aren't disappointed with the next merc you find. LOL
Congratulations on finding treasure. Must feel great having a museum relic..Yes
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's