Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: what an effin day
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Went out today, had an epic hunt.  Got my first tongue, as well as a half disc from a seperate tongue, and its a twin to my complete.  Also got a nice assortment of ornate suspender pieces, a carbine sling adjuster clip, an awesome saddle rossette, and a handful of cool buttons.  What a day, cant wait to get back at it.
Had a blast dude!
Ditto what I said to Ray, your Dad I think. Stick with him. I think he's onto something. Nice finds and great hunt! YesYesYes

Ed/ODF
Haha Ed! Im sticking with him, he found the dpot,lol.
Congrats, You guys have a KILLER spot.
Those are some fantastic pieces.
Continued success!
Sweet digs!! That tongue was actually worn upside down!! (accordign to the book) but maybe the only picture found had a dude that just happened to have it upside down!! LOL Has a laurel wreath buckle that matched. Now go get the wreath!! Congrats!
(05-16-2015 01:39 AM)Ron (CA) Wrote: [ -> ]Sweet digs!!  That tongue was actually worn upside down!! (accordign to the book) but maybe the only picture found had a dude that just happened to have it upside down!!  LOL Has a laurel wreath buckle that matched. Now go get the wreath!!  Congrats!

An upsidedowner huh? Wonder if it was a common design, as i found half of another tongue today same design.  Mark also informed me that what i thought was a sling clip is actually a keeper to a two piece.  Thanks for the pic ron
Nice haul MG Yes

Beer
Mountaingoat,
It is a variety that is seen fairly frequently, but much less common than say a cast or stamped eagle. A very nice addition to any buckle collection.
Here's a pic of another one. It was found in the 1970s at a gold rush site in San Francisco.
really nice finds
Reference URL's