Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Rings in the scoop again.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Went to the lake late Saturday afternoon with GraysonDigger (Rob) and it was a ok afternoon. He scored a 925 bracelet and I scored another Tungsten ring junk but I will take it. I also got some clad and junk earrings. Well today I went to the big beach that get pounded by a ton of others. I was just going to see if they missed something. Well after awhile of not much I got a nice sound on the Excal II and saw a ring in the scoop. I saw the mixed color and thought junk. I looked in it and saw 14k so my hopes went up. After the thunderstorms chased me home I zapped it with Electrolysis and it cleaned up in seconds. It is a Shane Co. 14k white gold ring weighing 3.6 Grams. 2nd white gold from the lake and I will take it!! LOL

[Image: 100_2462_zpscctprqq8.jpg]

Before cleaned up you can see the tarnish ring.
[Image: 100_2461_zpsjmi9rrtn.jpg]
[Image: 100_2470_zpsqn9tqgpw.jpg]

After clean up it is gone.
[Image: 100_2468_zpszuy6tfwx.jpg]
Nice catch Wild! Gold is always a good thing and you get a lot! WTG!!!YesYesBeer

Ed/ODF
Those are some great finds! I hope you're not saying tungsten is junk??
Some of those rings can get pretty expensive. 
Good work though!
Rings in the scoop make for a great day of detecting. If you start your hunt or finish your hunt with a ring the rest is all gravy.
(05-18-2015 06:26 PM)SLCdigger Wrote: [ -> ]Those are some great finds! I hope you're not saying tungsten is junk??
Some of those rings can get pretty expensive. 
Good work though!

Yes Tungsten rings are JUNK!!! They may be pricey in the store but try and resell one. You will be lucky to get 5 bucks.
Reference URL's