Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: #29 & 30!! Coin spill! Barber, SLQ, IH and wheats!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I actually wasn't going to go out today after work, after weed whacking all morning in the hot sun, as it was 85 and humid with little wind but overcast in the afternoon. But I slathered myself up with bug spray and did the hike in anyway. Went back to that area where I found the 1897 Barber quarter and expanded my circles. Between the mosquitoes and the sweat pouring off I was about to give it up when I hit this solid high tone that blinked a 28, 29 off and on but I was getting all these other goofy signals. So I targeted the high tone as best as possible and dug 2 plugs, with the second turning up the SLQ at about 4 inches. So I re-swept the area. Okay, now I'm getting 3-27, 9-27, a few 6-28's and 9-28's. Can't target anything. Turn my sensitivity down to 16. Okay, I'm getting solid 3-27, 9-27 and target it. Little hard to find but out pops a 1901 IH. Re-sweep the area again, now I'm getting multiple 6-28's and 8-28's with the same intermittent high tone. After swatting mosquitoes, doing some real professional cursing and digging at the same time I find three wheats. Re-sweep the area and now I'm getting a BLIP of a high tone and 27, 28, 29 on radiused sweeps. So I dig down, as the depth meter says it's a good 8 inches down. I'm into the clay now. Take out one big plug alongside all the others I just dug and don't ya know it, there's a rim of a quarter right along the edge of the hole, almost straight perpendicular to the ground. An 1896 Barber Quarter. All of these were in an area no bigger than 18" x 18". So it's a coin spill for sure. Now I have to do laundry. And take a shower, LOL!!!

Have fun out there and Happy Hunting!!!

Ed/ODF
ODF , just another great day for you. Seems to happen with regularity. Cheers!!
Killer finds!
Sweet sweet silvers! You are finding some nice ones!
GL&HH
(05-18-2015 06:37 PM)Kajunman Wrote: [ -> ]ODF , just another great day for you. Seems to happen with regularity. Cheers!!

Well Kajun, I'll admit that I'm kinda anal when it comes to detecting. It's become such an obsession with me. And I go to places where the grass guys would never dare to go. Even dog shit makes them squeem. LOL!!!!

You just have to keep at it. And be sorta inventive with your speculation of where the loot might be. Believe me when I say that between the mosquitoes and the heat, I was about ready to give up after the IH, but I'm one of those driven kind of people who just can't give up the concept that there is more there if I found two already. Sometimes not, I'll admit, but sometimes, just sometimes, the "covering the ground" thing has it's payback. You'll see eventually. But you have to know that I do this four to five hours a day generally. 5 to 6 days a week. And when you cover that much ground, you're bound to find something. And have the stamina to go where no detectorist has gone. And I also have the time to do so. Someday you may as well.

So keep swinging. It "is" out there Kajun.

Good luck to you and Happy Hunting!

Ed/ODF
Great stuff there Ed -- persistence pays off Yes
Man, you are on some kind of roll! Whatever you're doing, KEEP DOING IT!!!

Joe
Somehow I missed your post until just now. Great finds Ed. The weather here in New Jersey has been terrible. The ground is dry as a bone.
I'll get you next time !!!!! Great getting to the right number and finding the good stuff.
Sweet digs!! Congrats on the great finds!
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's