Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: It's a Bird, It's a Plane...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
IT'S RON (CA)!!! True story...

I wander over to Barnes & Noble last Sunday to pick up some books and magazines. Of course, like any dedicated detectorist, I have to get Western & Eastern Treasure and Silver & Gold magazines. I take all my reading material to a table by the cafe...

Sit down, take a bite of my bagel, glance at the cover of Silver & Gold, AND I SEE RON LOOKING BACK AT ME!!!!! (See below).

Congrats buddy, that nugget is one for the record books Yes You're truly in a class of your own, and we're proud to have you as family here Happy

Joe
You know you have arrived when you are on the cover of a magazine. Way to go Ron.
Wow!!! You da man Ron.
Just to follow up on Joe's post " It's a Bird, It's a Plane...its Nuggetman !!!!! "
Congrats to you Ron.
LOL-- Yeah, I Laughed out load when I first saw that cover shot!! They totally surprised me with that one!! Gotta love the Call of Duty shirt!! LOL

I do have an article in the magazine about "Gold is Where you Find it!"

Thanks Joe for the acknowledgement!! I can't lie, it was pretty cool to see my mug on the cover!! Best bribe I ever made!! Wink
Thanks Joe for sharing that. I think this is just a taste of what Ron can actually do for the hobby. His dedication to detecting along with his networking with like friends has brought to the field a newer age of detectorist. A person who can take the information provided by today's knowledge base of the internet and the well kept records of counties and cities around the country is EXCEPTIONAL in the detecting field. Ron has made a large difference to all of us who pine to be the greatest in detecting. Ron, along with Mark have done an EXCEPTIONAL job of making discoveries where they can be found. And it is a good thing to listen to what they do. For they know how.

Ronbo, and Mark, in my personal realm, are two of the greatest detectorists who live in this generation. Congrats on the cover there Ron.

And my theory is your theory Ron. Go where no Man has gone in the last 100 years.

HH Bro!

Ed/ODF
Ed, that is very nice to say. Not sure it is all deserved but I do appreciate the kind words.

I do have a passion for the hobby and we have been lucky to find some pretty great spots but many on this forum are just as passionate and represent the hobby in a very positive light.

It takes a village to raise a good detectorist!! And we are all part of a pretty good village!!
(05-23-2015 05:31 AM)Ron (CA) Wrote: [ -> ]Ed, that is very nice to say. Not sure it is all deserved but I do appreciate the kind words.

I do have a passion for the hobby and we have been lucky to find some pretty great spots but many on this forum are just as passionate and represent the hobby in a very positive light.

It takes a village to raise a good detectorist!! And we are all part of a pretty good village!!

Ditto that Ron. I have a penchant for getting a little too wordy! LOL. But there are a large bunch of guys on this site (village) who take to this hobby in a fantastic way! And the newbies who've come along are learning from almost everyone. I guess in the end that's what really counts.
Reference URL's