Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Update
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I want to apologize to the crew here, as I've been very inattentive on the site lately, though it's not intentional obviously. As I mentioned in another thread, it has been an AWFUL 5 or 6 weeks here hunting wise. We're now approaching more than a month and a half with little rain, and coupled with the searing temps, the ground is practically burned to a cinder. So, hunting has been almost non-existent save for a few short outings, where I've snagged a Merc or two and some other stuff. I've used the free time doing a lot of background work on the site, and there are some exciting things brewing.

Has anyone experienced any more technical issues on here, or haven't been able to get on? I've gotten a couple of messages about that, and they've mostly been addressed...hopefully the issues are remedied. In the event anyone notices any glitches, please drop me a PM, or put a post in the help section.

The classifieds side experienced its biggest month ever in April, in regards to traffic. And we should be seeing a nice uptick in new members on the forum soon, too.

That's it, my fingers are tired now. I'm alive and active!

Joe
I've had no issues with the site here, PC or mobile. Stuff happens Joe. We do miss you Sad but know that you're busy doing stuff behind the scenes. Catch up when you can. Now that I really know how to break a digger (2), I'm a tad more careful. Ground here is like rock too. Carry on Bro!

ODF
Digger I'm curious....what is searing temps to you ? And I live just south of Houston so if you want some wet ground to dig c'mon down.
(05-26-2015 10:14 PM)Kajunman Wrote: [ -> ]Digger I'm curious....what is searing temps to you ? And I live just south of Houston so if you want some wet ground to dig c'mon down.

Well, for late May, average temps should be low 70's (72 to 74). It's been 80 or higher for the past few weeks. Last week and this week is mid to upper 80's. Today was 92. For May that is very extreme. To add insult to injury, couple that with the humidity, and the near zero rainfall, and ground conditions can plummet fairly quickly. Around here, depth is really the name of the game, old targets are generally deep, starting at about the 4 or 5" range, so, every inch of depth is vital.

In comparison to what you guys had last night, all of the above is irrelevant of course. I'm sorry for what you all experienced, and the aftermath it caused. I wish you and the community out there the best, Kajun.

Joe
Thanks for the well wishes Digger. Trust me I understand the dry ground thing as well. We experienced that a couple of summers ago. In conditions like that it's amazing how much just one long day of rain can make a difference. I'm hopin and wishin for ya Digger.
I haven't had any issues probably because I haven't posted in awhile.....ha ha made you read it!
HH to all
Reference URL's