Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: 1850s/60s Field Digs, Cows, Mud and the CTX w/6" Coil :D
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey all,

the rain was relentless last night (must have rained an inch or more) and so the fields were muddy today!

Got out to one of the last fields I know that's not been planted yet (farmer dude is lazy)!

Met some cows and dug some goodies Big Grin

I started out to make a video of the CTX w/6" coil in this machine-gun iron infested field site that I've hunted in the past but due to circumstances (the mud) it prevented me from doing much more than diggin and even that was extremely painful as you will see via the pics I managed below! lol

Pulled a few keepers in the 2 hrs I spent plodding thru the mud!

Best of the best = 1861 fatty, 1863 business card, and a eagle coat button Cool

The rest is as shown/nothing too exciting...

Hope You'all are getting out and diggin too Yes

[Image: MCFdigs%20002_zpswn0iefm7.jpg]

[Image: MCFdigs%20003_zpsodu7rcof.jpg]

[Image: MCFdigs%20004_zps2dqjvpd8.jpg]

[Image: MCFdigs%20005_zpsygtwa7ug.jpg]

[Image: MCFdigs%20006_zpsck1ce4av.jpg]

[Image: MCFdigs%20007_zpsoge8tetv.jpg]

[Image: MCFdigs%20008_zpsd0sdknle.jpg]

[Image: MCFdigs%20009_zpsicniae5y.jpg]
Nice grouping of finds there MRH! Congrats on that 1861 fatty! That coin business card is really something. Didn't even know they existed! And we just got some substantial rain here this evening and more coming tonight. Been pretty dry here. I have been getting out, but like you, finds have been sparse and the iron is a real killer sometimes for the SE. With that tracker software of the CTX you should be hitting it good in iron. YesBeer

ODF
Just got to love the rain , one thing easy digging. Nice finds.
(06-15-2015 08:30 PM)bulletbob Wrote: [ -> ]Just got to love the rain , one thing easy digging. Nice finds.

We're supposed to get 10 more inches of rain tonight. Houston may flood again.
Reference URL's