Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: So Far I haven't found a new hobby but I changed my settings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So far I have not found another hobby, darn it!
So I went detecting yesterday and changed my settings to see if I could get a little deeper with the small coil. Just a practice run so to speak.
It was really dry and I started to just coin shoot (back to my roots so to speak, because I started coin shooting a very long time ago).
I was able to pick up a 1956 D wheat cent at about 5 inches along with a bunch of clad that I must have missed on previous hunts at this site. I know they say to go back and coin shoot at different angles so I was hoping for a silver or a gold charm or rings!

I have included a picture that someone else took of this water front park in my hometown. It is good for coin shooting because there are plenty of depositors everyday of the week in good weather that is.
Great to see you back at it! It's strange how we can go back over an area, sometimes constantly, and keep finding stuff. Alas, for me yesterday, that didn't happen. So I'm crossing that spot off the list!

Bet you had some cool breezes over there!

ODF
ODF\ED, yeah, never hunted out is true, you can't get it all.

Earlier I had said that I did change my settings and used the smaller coils in hopes of getting in between some jink items for a deeper silver.
Back at that again today and it worked! Yikes, I heard a high tone and a junk tone together. It was almost a good sound but not quite there.
I looked at the digital numbers (because I didn't want to dig it) and it was high ferrous 19 and high conductive 29. Sorry for the long post - I said dig that why you are trying the new settings. We tend to think we want to just go for a certain signal but we end up going back to easy stuff. It was a internal struggle for sure.
Anyway down about five to six inches is a small silver religious medal - I added a Roosevelt dime to the photo to show the size of the medal. If it were larger then I believe it would have rung up as a silver high tone. Probably because of the size the larger coils mask it as a possible junk item. This might be the reason why I am not finding 3 cent nickels.
Congrats on the silver medallion!

Sometimes it pays to try different settings/angles/approach etc.
Thanks Ron, it put a smile on my face for a little bit
Great find Tony! I'm doing the same thing with my machine and it's really hard not to just go back to my old settings. I mean really, really hard. I'm sniping with the smart screen though and I've never done it before. I guess I can blame khouse because he killed it sniping in that last video of his with his Etrac. HH Tony!

ODF
Cann't keep a good man down. After this rain we will all be out .
Great find Tony. I wonder if anyone ever truly masters their detector ? Looks like trying something different paid off for you. Keep it up my friend.
Dont wait for the rain, get out there now.

Yeah, I know we are all walking over stuff and decide not to dig so why not try to unbderstand more about what we are doing in the mean time because I really don't want to start digging every signal.
Reference URL's