Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Wish me LUCK!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well I just boxed up my Garrett Pro Pointer with an RMA # from the people in Garland, TX, and it's going back for repair (the second time, falsing, wouldn't stop beeping, etc...). BUT, either I'm just a sucker for Garrett or I just like the pinpointers, I ordered and got a new Pro AT pinpointer. I will keep you informed!

ps... I'm sending my Xpointer back sometime in the next week or so as well. Cause that one's broke too!

ODF
Sounds like you already have Luck sorry to hear it's Bad luck. I have never used a Garrett pinpointer but know other that have had Good Luck with them. I have considered getting the AT model to use with my V3i due to the overload problem my Sunray Dx1 with higher rx gain settings. I hear Garrett has great customer service. They will take care of you.
Hope you have better luck with the next one. I was thinking about getting a Pro AT pinpointer, maybe I will wait and see how you make out.
ODF I think you will like the PPAT. I love mine. Hasn't falsed yet and love the one button control.
Awe toobad I hope mine doesn't break but I am sure it will.
I finally bought the carrot in the spring and am very pleased with it. It work great in damp weather and wet soil and it has aided me in several recoveries that you folks have seen.
When mine rings all over the hole that I dug and I get frustrated - IO use the pin point again on my explorer to hone in on what area to dig - almost always it's off to one side of the hole. But that is detecting - it seems to me that pin pointing with mnelabs gets you close but the edge of the targets seems to be on the side not in the center.

This was not the case with the Garrett that I had - it centered about 95% of the time.
But I am not complaining - just sharing my thoughts
(06-16-2015 09:51 PM)Bigtony Wrote: [ -> ]Awe toobad I hope mine doesn't break but I am sure it will.
I finally bought the carrot in the spring and am very pleased with it. It work great in damp weather and wet soil and it has aided me in several recoveries that you folks have seen.
When mine rings all over the hole that I dug and I get frustrated - IO use the pin point again on my explorer to hone in on what area to dig - almost always it's off to one side of the hole. But that is detecting - it seems to me that pin pointing with mnelabs gets you close but the edge of the targets seems to be on the side not in the center.

This was not the case with the Garrett that I had - it centered about 95% of the time.
But I am not complaining - just sharing my thoughts

Tony, I had the carrot, as you call it, out yesterday and I agree. It's pretty sensitive. I was at a trashy park area and found one wheat alongside a beavertail and another stand alone about 4". The nice thing I found was that on setting 2, medium strength, I pinpointed the second from the top first without digging and it was right on. And the side of the hole thing is what I experience about 50% of the time with the SE. I think it's because of the way the sidewave of the frequencies bounce from the target. Like if the coin or target is at a 45 degree angle it screws up the targeting. I literally go nuts trying to target coin spills where the coins are only inches from each other. So much so that I pretty much know when I've hit a coin spill by the erratic behavior of the machine.

But so far, with only one outing, I'm liking the "Carrot"!

ODF
ODF\Ed yeah, I love it for shallow targets instead of digging a hole it pin points where the target is sitting and I use a screwdriver to pry it out.
On erratic signals I always investigate because your right there could be several coins spread out in a small area.
Good luck again
I've sent both of mine back and got rebuilt/new units for the cost of shipping($7)
The last one was 23 months into the warranty but I think they're off now and I would most likely try one of the new ones next if either of mine fail. I tried the Sunray thing and found it to be a real pain compared to the simplicity of using a handheld unit. I would like to see an option or using AA batteries instead of the 9v but now that I picked up some Lithium rechargeable 9v's , even that's not a drawback anymore. Garrett does back the things up well.
I had a problem with mine in stock when I was in sensitivity 3 audio would beep all the time sent it in nothing wrong just have to reset it was not hard and stopped falseing tells you how in the manual .
I am not saying for sure that's whats wrong
Reference URL's