Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Unusual Button Shank
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[attachment=6034]

Has anyone ever seen a button shank like this one? I tried to find evidence of a broken off shank, thinking this was a quick repair job, but couldn't find anything.
I'm not a button expert for sure, but is it the size of a cuff button? The reason I ask is because the way the shank pretzels you'd almost think it was made to slip in and hold onto another small hole on the inside of the cuff. Just a guess however.

ODF
If you find out where it's from be sure and post it. That's very peculiar looking.
(06-18-2015 06:37 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not a button expert for sure, but is it the size of a cuff button? The reason I ask is because the way the shank pretzels you'd almost think it was made to slip in and hold onto another small hole on the inside of the cuff. Just a guess however.

ODF

Hey ODF, 
I don't think it's a cuff button, it's about the size of a nickle maybe even a bit bigger. I plan to clean the back better under the shank to see if I can find evidence of a broken shank. Thanks for looking at it and giving your thoughts. 

(06-18-2015 10:58 PM)Kajunman Wrote: [ -> ]If you find out where it's from be sure and post it. That's very peculiar looking.

Will  do Kajunman, I will be cleaning the back better, a back mark would be awesome. until then I guess it's just from my yard..lol
Reference URL's