Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Do you dig erratic signals?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I will dig the iffy hits after I cherry pick a site. The ones that excite me are the ones that may flash say a 12/45 once every 10 wiggles.  But these types of signals take a long time to decipher.  If I'm limited on time or hunting a site the first time - I don't waste my time on these hits.  I can only "beep dig" for 2 hours looking for jewelry.  After that here comes the discrimination.....
Khouse dude - I know what you mean - it isn't easy to stay the course when looking for gold signals in dirt.....something takes over and back to high tones for me too
I got out for one and a half hours and dug two erratic signals, one was all junk items but the second was a quarter, a penny and a beaver tail pull tab.

I now watch the numbers change just to see if there are any familar ones, it's like a new hobby and I am having fun again.
(06-22-2015 08:09 PM)Bigtony Wrote: [ -> ]I got out for one and a half hours and dug two erratic signals, one was all junk items but the second was a quarter, a penny and a beaver tail pull tab.

I now watch the numbers change just to see if there are any familar ones, it's like a new hobby and I am having fun again.
G

Go to 23:49 of this video to see exactly what I'm talking about.  This is an iffy target that flashes some good numbers with the bad.
thanks for sharing - that is exactly what I was trying to do today
Very often I have found good items with my AT gold when I dig erratic signals which I find out is usually from discriminated iron trash around the specific target. Once, I have found a quarter with a big iron top of an old lid on top of it that jumped from 44-70 and only registered once every other pass at the coin. I have heard from a friend that a better iron disc detector like the deeptech vista gold or the XP Goldmaxx can usually pick out good signals while low end slower detectors such as an explorer or a Ace would either give off a more erratic signal or would not even detect the target in the same situation I described above. All and all, It depends on the detector, but I personally would dig erratic signals, you don't really know what it is until you dig it.
Unless the spot is very old (pre 1880's) & hasn't been filled in, there aren't many shallow targets I normally dig, but iffy signals are one of the exceptions, regardless of locale. If it's deeper than 3", yes, I will usually dig a mixed/iffy signal, as these are the textbook types of targets that others miss/give up on, and chances of finding a nice silver or relic piece is a decent bet. In truth, these are about the only shallow targets I dig. One would be extremely hard pressed to find a silver in the places I hunt shallower than 5 or 6". Very rare. Those mixed signals you speak of can sometimes be the exception.

Joe
rexy, yeah the explorer needs to move slower but you have to listen for the good tones in between the iron or watch the vdi's .
i'll check into those other detectors
Joe, i understand - you go for more silvers and like most skip clad.
You know that yopu aren't making the us mint happy by not recycling their coinage as often as you can - ha ha
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's