Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Do you dig erratic signals?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Yesterday I was coin shooting for nickels or gold jewerly (onlhy had an hour of time) I was able to locate two nickels that came up in tones as good but display and vdi were not close to what they were. No big deal but I did get an erratic signal - the machine didn't know what was there or it was reporting on several items below the coil. VDIs were all over the place - at one point a 00 29 (quarter VDI) came up but didn't come back on screen.
I cut a long 10 inch plug and abokut four inches on either side making a rectangle before I folded it back. Then using my shovel I dug up three small rusted pieces of piping as thick and sized like my middle finger and finally a 1965 quater popped out of the hole. Close to silver but hey I was glad I dug it out.

Do you guys dig these signals or passed them up?
Do I dig them? I look for them!!
Dug a 09-12 , 18-13 , 21-13 , 08-09 in Pulltab Park today and came away with a 36 buff Happy I tend dig as many low conductor tones that DON'T sound like canslaw as I can whenever go out.
I don't normally dig them its most always junk but with that being said you never know what it is till you dig it. Those who run in a nondescrimanant mode find more stuff they also dig a lot more too. With a beep and dig detector you dig it all you never know what it is.
Big Tony one day I want to detect and do the 'dig every signal thing'. There is one guy in our club who digs everything. He has a bucket full of nails. He has a bucket full of pull tabs. He also has a small bucket full of silver and jewelry. He also pulls out some very cool relics. He could win finds of the month every month but I think they want to give others a chance.
You know BigRed you reminded me of my old beep and dig detector. That's is what I did starting out and it went deep.

Kajun, a knew a woman who dug every signal and she cleaned up so much my hunting partner at the time called her Ferrat because she really dug until she found something never gave up. She always beat us in coin count and goodies.

Sounds like my next test - at least for the first twenty minutes or so.
I'm with Dusty. If the tone is right I'll dig it. Yesterday I got a 7-06, 11-07, 9-06 which bumped down on cross reference to ...04, 05 on the conductive side. I dug it because it was a high midtone. Turned out to be a 1940 D Jefferson, in real bad shape at 3" below the leaves. I'd dug about 4 or five pull tabs and 2 headstamps prior to that. As for just seeking one set of numbers, I don't, but tend to average out the tone I'm hearing with the numbers I see. It means I dig a lot of junk too. But that's detecting.

ODF
ODF, Ed yeah tone is first thing to get me looking harder and I should be digging more of those
Some of the parks I go to If I dig every signal it would look like a fresh plowed field.
Bigred, just keep say this over and over, "Green Side Up" and you won't go wrong!
I'm thinking about getting a smaller coil but haven't decided witch one to get for my V3i yet. The money hasn't been there either.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's