Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Seeking a Sov GT with meter...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Guys, I put a wanted ad up on the classifieds, but, figured I would ask here too...

If anyone knows of a used Sov GT with the meter being sold, let me know. If it has the waterproof housing, even better Happy

Joe
Any particular reason a g.t.?? I ask because I liked them all but the elite. An xs savessome bucks and easy to modify.
Don't know anything about the XS's, Ray. Are they still being made & sold, or, only available used? Either way is fine. Are the XS's the same in terms of operation as other Sov's?

Didn't know you were a Sov guy, Ray, help enlighten me a bit, as I've only swung a GT before Happy

Joe
(08-16-2013 12:04 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]Don't know anything about the XS's, Ray. Are they still being made & sold, or, only available used? Either way is fine. Are the XS's the same in terms of operation as other Sov's?

Didn't know you were a Sov guy, Ray, help enlighten me a bit, as I've only swung a GT before Happy

Joe
Waterproof??  why not go for a Excal pretty much the same machine.

re G.
(08-16-2013 08:39 PM)Gunsondeck Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-16-2013 12:04 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]Don't know anything about the XS's, Ray. Are they still being made & sold, or, only available used? Either way is fine. Are the XS's the same in terms of operation as other Sov's?

Joe
Waterproof??  why not go for a Excal pretty much the same machine.

re G.

True Wink Was thinking the same thing, but, not sure if the Excal will 'gel' with me like a Sov. My main weapon of choice is my CZ21...love it. Looking for a new toy though, lol.

Joe
HahaJoe, figured you heard my rants on Toms forum about sov. Vs. Explorer. Love the sov, was my main detector for deep turf for 10 years. But when it comes to gold camps, it would be the last detector I would use...so I got rid of two sov . Xs and bunch of extras a year ago. The gt. Is probably more consistant..the others are kind of like Tejons...some are super deep, others are just deep.  I bought my first one from Dan (pa) and I always kept that sucker...did the silent threshold mod, but would crank it to hear threshold , put a sunray solid white 12inch coil, and I swear to you, never had an explorer hit a deepy that I couldn't hit....but I never hunted with Ron, lol.  By the time I sold it, it was literally held together with duct tape, zipties & caulk. If you get the right coil, good headphones (I liked the g.g. originals best), and really learn the tones, its incredible. I could tell a zinc was in same hole as a wheat, I could often tell it was going to be an early wheat, could call an indian head, and have found some incredible coins with it, including that $20 gold. In my oponion, the only thing that looks better for deep turf is that ctx...from what Ron and Keith have shown. One more thing though, you have to swing slower than you probably ever have before to see its true potential. Sorry so long, but the sov will always hold a special place in my heartHeartBlushing
Reference URL's