Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: #36 and more wheats!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well I went back to the wheat field because the weather was gorgeous and I got off a tich early from work. I did the surrounding areas for quite a while and only got the top two wheats, 2 clad quarters, 3 clad dimes and I think about 5 memorials. And the usual junk. Haven't been hitting nickels the last two days but have been digging pull tabs and headstamps.

So I increased the perimeter and now I'm really off the trail and out in the woods. About an hour in, and really thinking that I should wrap it up, I get this pretty high tone 3-29 signal and target it. I dig out a 51D wheat. WTF??? So I recheck. Now I'm getting a 3-28 about 2 inches over. I dig it up and find 2 memorials. I don't look at dates on memorials as I don't really care. So I put those to the side and recheck. Now I'm getting a high tone 3-29 again, about 2 more inches from the 2 memorials I just dug. Out pops a 3-29, 51D Rosie!

I'm happy now. Luckily I put all the pennies on a leaf and had the whole group in one spot instead of just tossing the memorials in my pouch and having to figure it out later. So I get curious as to how old the memorials are and clean em up a bit. And Holy Crap they're both 1963's!

And I included a few shots of the type of woods and ground I'm hunting. I shot them in Sepia Tone because it looked more nostalgic!

Have fun out there and HAPPY HUNTING!!!

ODF
Your on a roll congrats.
Nice, your catching up!
Great job ODF. I haven't found one silver for the year. Kind of accepted that's the way it's gonna be. One of my buddies found a merc and a liberty the other day. Another guy in our club found a buffalo nickel in the same yard. I just never find those yards.
Nice glory hole, congratulations
Congrats on another successful day!!
Reference URL's