Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Think I found a gold rush wedding band!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Havent been out much, been slammed with work. Well, got caught up, and just had to get out. Decided to explore further out in an area that my son and I have found 1850's mining camps. I headed out early a.m., hiked in a couple miles, and started searching. Really never came across anything, and by 1 oclock, it was already over 100 degrees. So came home, telaxed. But didnt get my fix, so around 4, went back out, and hiked 3 miles the other way. It was 105 now, and I was drenched, but had plenty of water, so no issue. Got to an area we lightly hit before, and got signal...and popped out this ring. My first thoughts is its modern plated, with no marks. I continued on, finding a few bullets, but no camps. The sun was going down, and I dont have Ron's juevos, so did the long hike back out. Well, just for kicks, I just filed an edge on the ring...and still see gold! Whats ironic, is a buddy of ours hit this same spot, and found a gold ring from a miner! Along with a couple cool coins. So a thorough search is definitely in the future.  Btw, I guess Im not in my 20s anymore...that hike in the heat, ruined me the next day,lol.

[attachment=6067]
Nice finds Ray!YesBeer You have some stamina to make a trip in that heat. Must be the roofing job. That gold ring is a winner! Some people that see me from the trails out in the woods ask me what could I possibly find in there and I yell back to them, "Ya just never know.".
Whoa, cool finds and you got enough exercise for a week
Nice score! I'd be happy with the lead alone, the gold is the cherry on top of the ice cream sundae. Happy for ya dude Beer

Joe
Thanks guys. Luckily, I dont have to contend with yalls humidity and bugs. I bet if yall left your place back east in July, and came here, you would think 100 degrees was pleasant.
Congrats on the ring ! Brings to mind the wedding scene with Lee Marvin in Paint Your Wagon.

Oh and you're mighty tough to get out and hunt/hike in this heat we been havin!
Thanks for sharing.
Sweet ring Dude. You're right about the weather over here. I feel like I'm in the rain forest. It's either hot and humid or it's raining.
WTG Ray!! Sweet gold ring!!

Take it easy in the heat!! Night hunts will be my main hunting time for the next few months!
Congrats Ray on your find .
Reference URL's