Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Log Books
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ok how many of you folks keep log books ? I have books going back 10 years . Lost a few over the years with moving .Here's my point - last year 2014 on this date June 29th I went out 38 time that year and had a Total Silver (coins) count of 33. Today 2015 went out 36 time year to date and have 41 Silver Coins. So a little more silver and 2 times less out for the year. What are your totals ??
Don't keep a log book Bob. I have one and sometimes I do make notes in it. I hit it about 4 to 5 days a week for 3 to 4 hours when the weather is good. Up to 36 silver coins this year. I do log the photographs in a file in my computer and back that up to a stick. So as a matter of comparison I didn't have 36 last year until September 28th. If I keep up the luck and get some good spots I may break 100 this year.
I really don't keep records. That's like work. If I don't remember or can't go back and find a post I made of it then I have no record. My silver count this year is 0.
I do record stuff but my silver totals are not near your either last year or this year.
I am around 18 silver coins and a few silver rings this year which is better then this time last year
I have no need for records or totals as it means nothing. Location affects totals more than hours on the detector. I once tried to keep a log of ground conditions but just like fishing , the conditions change and you shouldn't bias yourself against the change.
I've never kept any written logs, but I try and keep a running tally in my head per season. Or, I try to keep finds separated by year, however, my old lady HAS been known to move stuff and screw $hit up! She'll take coins and relic pieces and put them in a random container or something. Has happened more than once Headbang

As you know, we're in a tricky area. We live in one of the most historic locales in the country, yet, in our precise vicinity - northern NJ - most of the history is either off limits or paved over. Not much open space, and what little there is, has been worked pretty well over the years. However, immediately to the south, west & north of us, there's tons of farmland, the pine barrens and a million other spots. More opportunity. So, maybe it's better I don't keep written records, as I might better realize what I'm missing out on! Tongue

Joe
No log books. But I do put every silver coin into a 2x2 holder and keep records of where it was found and in what month and year. They all get put into 3 ring binder.

I add a $ sign to any coin that might be worth more than melt value so when I am gone my wife/kids have an idea of what ones to sell on ebay for a little profit!! LOL

Or I might just start hiding little piles of it and write a book and let the next generation have a little treasure hunt. We can call it the "Swenson Stashes" Wink
Never felt the need to keep records seems like to much work. I'm in it for the enjoyment ,exercise and stress relief. If and when it becomes work and not fun I would think might not go at all. I can understand why some people would keep records but also seems a little OCD to me at the same time.
Yeah, Im in the "its too much like work"  . I hate paperwork. If it wasnt gor my wife, Id be in big trouble with the irs.
(06-30-2015 12:47 AM)Ron (CA) Wrote: [ -> ]Or I might just start hiding little piles of it and write a book and let the next generation have a little treasure hunt. We can call it the "Swenson Stashes" Wink

Just make sure you spell it correctly! One wrong letter, and it could be an ENTIRELY different book Tongue

Joe
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's