Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: June 30th finds and I changed my settings again
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well, I read a post about a guy who changed his settings on his Exp II - I was going to do that this spring but I opted for another setting.
Well today, I was bored and changed them like he suggested - just to see -
I went back to high school and tried the south side along the building and I was able to pick up coins and lead and brass parts - I did manage a bent wheat cent - not bad.
I took a brake and went to another two areas that I hunted plenty of time - I just wanted to see if this new setting could help in coin count? It did - I was picking up coins that I missed with several different coils and settings.
So now I can go back to other areas and still pick up some coinage.
Experimenting is good Yes Looks like the new settings are a winner. I'm sure the recent rain we had helped, too. Nice digs. Past few days have been SUPER, between the much needed rain, and the cooler than normal temps. Hope it doesn't start getting real hot again. I will not be getting out much during July & August. I'll be looking for loose change under the bed in my ice cold air conditioned bedroom instead lol.

Joe
Change is GOOD! Hope you have great luck with it. Nice haul for going back there!
Thanks I didn't post a picture of the 23 coins I dug at the next two areas - all clad but it tells me that you have to either read a site and set your machine or after awhile you might want to toggle to another setting. Just to see if things get better.
Tony I think our machines have so much more to offer than what we actually use. It pays to change things up a bit and let the detector work for you.
Kajun dude, yeah we have to expirement even after swinging for many years.
Find out what works in different areas.
I went detecting in a local park and man was the dirt strange, gave real bad readings but instead of leaving I made a change or two and was able to find coins although it was a touogh go - I thought maybe there is a silver hidden but nah just modern clad.
So it could be that this fill dirt was added over the top of the old stuff and I have to wait for them to dig it up
Reference URL's