Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: 1852 Large Cent/ Intact crotal bell !!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Went back to that spot I found the thimble at and spread out a bit. Found the Large Cent first then a half hour later the bell. I found what I think is a large cent a while back but it was so toasted I couldn't tell. I'm going to compare them in side by side photos although the other one I found is much thinner and maybe a half millimeter larger in diameter.

Have fun out there and HAPPY HUNTING!

ODF
That BIG Penny is very cool ! So is the bell, sure don't see those in California.
Congats on excellent finds.
That is some hunt, Ed! I only have a few crotals, they're cool to find. LC is in good shape, too. Did you find this new spot through research, or just by rambling about through the woods? Are you not getting bitten alive in the brush?

Joe
(07-01-2015 08:59 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]That is some hunt, Ed! I only have a few crotals, they're cool to find. LC is in good shape, too. Did you find this new spot through research, or just by rambling about through the woods? Are you not getting bitten alive in the brush?

Joe
Thanks Joe!

I've been eyeballing this place for about a month. Made it in there the long way once when I found that thimble the other day. I was able to find another way in which takes about 30 minutes off the hike and gets me right there in about 10 minutes. It's a pretty big area and I'm going to hit it three or four more times.

I've been bitten more times than I can count. Luckily the temps are cool enough for my Dickies lightweight cotton work pants, jeans are too hot and shorts are out. I also wear lightweight long sleeved cotton shirts. But I still get all the unprotected areas with bug spray and have donned my mosquito head net more than once when the little bastards start going for my eyeballs. Chuckle

ODF
Nice large cent I would love to find one. Awesome finds must be a great location.
(07-01-2015 09:09 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-01-2015 08:59 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]That is some hunt, Ed! I only have a few crotals, they're cool to find. LC is in good shape, too. Did you find this new spot through research, or just by rambling about through the woods? Are you not getting bitten alive in the brush?

Joe
Thanks Joe!

I've been eyeballing this place for about a month. Made it in there the long way once when I found that thimble the other day. I was able to find another way in which takes about 30 minutes off the hike and gets me right there in about 10 minutes. It's a pretty big area and I'm going to hit it three or four more times.

I've been bitten more times than I can count. Luckily the temps are cool enough for my Dickies lightweight cotton work pants, jeans are too hot and shorts are out. I also wear lightweight long sleeved cotton shirts. But I still get all the unprotected areas with bug spray and have donned my mosquito head net more than once when the little bastards start going for my eyeballs. Chuckle

ODF

You just gave me a brilliant idea...Dickies. I've been dying wearing jeans on the few occasions I've ventured out in the heat, and I was trying to find something leightweight & airy to detect in. I can't do shorts, as it just doesn't feel right, and my kneepads won't stay on without pants. Dickies is a great idea Yes

Joe
(07-01-2015 10:25 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-01-2015 09:09 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]

Joe
Thanks Joe!

ODF

You just gave me a brilliant idea...Dickies. I've been dying wearing jeans on the few occasions I've ventured out in the heat, and I was trying to find something leightweight & airy to detect in. I can't do shorts, as it just doesn't feel right, and my kneepads won't stay on without pants. Dickies is a great idea Yes

Joe

Walmart had them in the Spring and still does for about $13 a pair. I found 3 pair that were 28 length and scooped them up. I'm also known as the "Short, Bald Pollock!" Chuckle
Terrific finds, congratulations. Now you have me looking up Dickies.,...too funny
SWEET Digs!! Congrats on that BIG penny!! Bell is nice as well!!
Nice digs Ed - looks like you've found an old homestead- I'd be hittin that place hard!

Yes
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's