Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: 1850s STAGECOACH STOP HUNT :-D
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey all,

drove by an old stagecoach stop on my way to work today where they tore out the street... it's in a quiet little town that I used to live in a few yrs back so I knew the road out in front of the stop had to be tore out too and I went back later this eve with the CTX and 6" coil to see if I could dig up anything worth mention...

Nothing too exciting. Thought for a second that I struck gold but it's only heavily plated! Pulled a beat up 1865 Injun out in front of the house, a 1946 silver Roosevelt and just some typical doodads/etc.

Wish the little heart buckle/clip woulda been whole - still has gold gild on it...

[Image: stagecoach%20001_zpsvxpnty4d.jpg]

[Image: stagecoach%20002_zpsiv4ct9rc.jpg]

[Image: stagecoach%20003_zpseiykqt6q.jpg]

[Image: stagecoach%20010_zpsjxwgqwud.jpg]

[Image: stagecoach%20009_zpskzs3s7mb.jpg]

[Image: stagecoach%20008_zps9lolfy60.jpg]

[Image: stagecoach%20004_zps7mpnznuf.jpg]

[Image: stagecoach%20005_zpsxukdnhbr.jpg]

[Image: stagecoach%20007_zpsllkql5sh.jpg]

[Image: stagecoach%20006_zpsqgklpiqf.jpg]
GREAT grouping of finds for a tearout Wayne. Kinda makes me think it was a mud wagon road in the day. You should try and get permission at the house. Bet you'd kill it there too. I'm jealous of that 1865 IH! Chuckle

ODF
Good thing you detected it before they finished their work. Hopefully you get permission for that front yard, it looks like it has potential
Nice saves!! Some nice indicators there!! Good Luck!
Good deal, Wayne. Man, I started salivating when I saw the picture of that place in your pics. My buddy Gerry F. and I scored a beautiful colonial house to hunt last year, you may remember. Built in 1760 or thereabouts! I lined the whole thing up, we get out there, the owner (in his 80's) couldn't have been nicer, gave us a grand tour of the place, even made us fresh lemonade! Only one small snag...

The entire place, from top to bottom, was COMPLETELY filled in. Didn't find a damn thing, lol.

Love the pockerknife, too!!! I found one today, also, but all bent and beat to smithereens...not worth taking a photo of, lol.

Joe
Outstanding. Good luck if you return to that spot.
Great digs. You never know what's under the pavement.
Old roads tearout are sometime a great source for some great finds. Congrats on your finds.
Reference URL's