Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Eagle Button & Sheriff's Badge
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Went out with my partner in crime, Gerry F., today. We went back to where I got the trifecta, and all of the relics last Tuesday.

Didn't snag any silver or old coins today, but something I'm much prouder of, a beautiful federal artillery button. They're pretty darned rare around here, especially to find one in a damn park of all places. So, I'm thrilled with it. God bless you button aficionado's, as trying to i.d. the exact type on these things is HARD. What's throwing me off is the back mark.

Seems most of the buttons I've found have been Scovill's. This one is marked "Horstmann & Sons Drucker NY". I located a similar type, in the photo below, but it's not spot on. From the best of my research, the piece seems to date from between the mid 1830's to the mid 1850's. Can anyone validate that?

Also snagged a cool kids Sheriff's badge, and a Ford commemorative token. I found the EXACT token a few years ago, so this is my second. It's half dollar size, and I thought I had a LC when it popped out, lol.

Sorry, no video today. My camera is attached to my ball cap, and it was just too damn hot to wear it. Besides, not much action, anyways.

Joe
Ha, nice finds for a second trip. I went back to that spot I did yesterday and the only thing I found was a Lewis & Tomes Extra Rich flat button. Yours is a lot nicer than mine! Congrats!!!

ODF
Nice Joe, that button cleaned up nicely. Gerry
(07-03-2015 08:58 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]Ha, nice finds for a second trip. I went back to that spot I did yesterday and the only thing I found was a Lewis & Tomes Extra Rich flat button. Yours is a lot nicer than mine! Congrats!!!

ODF

I 'dig' digging flat buttons! As the younger punks say nowadays, "It's all good!" "Lewis & Tomes" is a new one to me, any relation to "Lewis & Clark"? Lol. From here on out till September (save for a rare cooler day), most of my hunts will be very limited, mainly in the early a.m. hours for short durations. I ain't dying from heatstroke for a silver dime!!! Tongue

(07-03-2015 09:50 PM)Gerry F Wrote: [ -> ]Nice Joe, that button cleaned up nicely. Gerry

Thanks, yes, it did. Unfortunately, new phone takes HORRIBLE photos. May have to invest in a standalone camera for my find pics. All in all, a good hunt. Anytime we can get out for 4+ hours in the summer without sweating our a$$es off is golden!

Joe
Great Eagle button Joe!!! All very cool findsBeer
Joe I love the badge. I love finding things like that.
Joe, you are a man after my own heart! Those Eagle Artillery buttons are one of my absolute favorite buttons of all time (besides the Calvary 'C'). 
Excellent work!
Thats it Joe, come to the dark side!
Great finds for around here Joe. I found one of those ford tokens last year.
(07-04-2015 09:25 AM)deathray Wrote: [ -> ]Thats it Joe, come to the dark side!

Ha, believe me, if I dug more relics than coins you wouldn't hear any complaints from me. I get goosebumps seeing all those killer buckles, plates, bullets & buttons you guys dig out west. Don't get me wrong, I would NEVER tire of digging old coins, but there stories surrounding some of these relic pieces are crazy cool. Also, I'm primarily in this,hobby for the action, and digging the same type of stuff over & over again can get a bit stuffy.

(07-04-2015 11:15 AM)bulletbob Wrote: [ -> ]Great finds for around here Joe. I found one of those ford tokens last year.

Yes, Bob, "around here" being the key words. That would be a disappointing hunt down south, lol. The Ford tokens are pretty common but really neat nonetheless, and I love pulling stuff like that.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's