Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Nasa Tom?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I logged on his site for the first time in a couple of months today, and had a PM from somebody who tried to sign up here and couldn't get in. Believe it was an email validation issue. The message was from almost 2 months ago, and when I tried to PM the person, there's no account for them. The person's name was kemper I believe. Does anyone know this person or can tell them to try contacting Gil or I for help?

Tried going in to look again but I still didn't see his account, and I accidentally deleted the message by mistake. Thanks.

Joe
Kemper has been a member on a lot of blogs. He's also been banned from a lot of blogs. He isn't afraid to get into a back n forth with another member. That kind of thing doesn't bother me. It does for some.

I will say though , on some of the other blogs whoever owns the blog or is designated as a moderator have some ego issues. I don't have a problem with a couple of people buttin heads as long as it doesn't involve family members or vulgar language about a family member.

If you let Kemper in I wouldn't have a problem. He does post a lot of music videos.
I can't tell if your being facetious in your OP or not Joe.
How many people have been kicked off of Tom's site?
Kemper's a troll who tries to get removed as soon as he gets registered.
(07-03-2015 11:16 PM)Kajunman Wrote: [ -> ]Kemper has been a member on a lot of blogs. He's also been banned from a lot of blogs. He isn't afraid to get into a back n forth with another member. That kind of thing doesn't bother me. It does for some.

I will say though , on some of the other blogs whoever owns the blog or is designated as a moderator have some ego issues. I don't have a problem with a couple of people buttin heads as long as it doesn't involve family members or vulgar language about a family member.

If you let Kemper in I wouldn't have a problem. He does post a lot of music videos.

Thanks for the 411, Kajun. Sounds like a bit of a trouble maker, if I'm reading your post correctly? What do you mean by "music videos"?

(07-04-2015 07:24 AM)Dusty Wrote: [ -> ]I can't tell if your being facetious in your OP or not Joe.
How many people have been kicked off of Tom's site?
Kemper's a troll who tries to get removed as soon as he gets registered.

Not being facetious, Dusty. I think Tom has one of the best technical forums out there, and I used to frequent it quite often, but I just don't have the time anymore. I was always more of a lurker there, only posting occasionally, so I know who the main people are like Tom, Keith and a couple of others but that's it.

We do have a technical issue which pops up from time to time regarding the email, where someone might not be able to join, which is probably what happened.

I don't know this person from adam, but judging from both of your comments, maybe it was best that he wasn't able to complete his membership. Only reason I asked, is because I know there a few people here who actively post on Tom's, and thought they would recognize tye person.

Thanks again, for the heads up, guys.

Joe
Joe , Kemper post videos when a particular song fits his narrative. It's cool to talk about other things not related to detecting but he brings it to another level. All in all it's probably better you don't let him in.
(07-04-2015 08:17 AM)Kajunman Wrote: [ -> ]Joe , Kemper post videos when a particular song fits his narrative. It's cool to talk about other things not related to detecting but he brings it to another level. All in all it's probably better you don't let him in.

Based on what you guys wrote, that's the only reason I said maybe it's better this person wasn't able to sign up. I'm the type of guy who will give anyone a chance, until they prove they don't deserve one otherwise, and then they're banned, which is pretty hard to do here anyways. Keeping this place running is hard enough as it is, and I don't need anymore headaches.

Joe
I'm not big on forums but I watch Tom's and saw the recent drama play out . Kemper showed up after being booted from somewhere and seemed to bring some others with him so they could carry on a bantering discussion , not about detecting , but about other detecting forums. It's clear he wears his forum banishments like some sort of dubious badge of honor. I have never read (nor do I now) half of the forums he's been kicked off of. I think Kemper is more interested in poking people in the eye and then acting like it was an accident than he is in detecting , simply for the attention it garners him. Sign him up,,,,can't be that hard to get rid of him.
Get deathrays opinion Happy
(07-04-2015 11:47 AM)Dusty Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not big on forums but I watch Tom's and saw the recent drama play out . Kemper showed up after being booted from somewhere and seemed to bring some others with him so they could carry on a bantering discussion , not about detecting , but about other detecting forums. It's clear he wears his forum banishments like some sort of dubious badge of honor. I have never read (nor do I now) half of the forums he's been kicked off of. I think Kemper is more interested in poking people in the eye and then acting like it was an accident than he is in detecting , simply for the attention it garners him. Sign him up,,,,can't be that hard to get rid of him.
Get deathrays opinion Happy

He was banned from Tom's? I didn't even think that was possible, and didn't know this person was $hitcanned, since I haven't really been on there for a while. As I said, don't know this fella at all, and only asked people here because I thought he was an upstanding regular member there. Now that you mention the ban, it's starting to make sense. Maybe he was banned and then tried signing up here? I have no idea, but I appreciate the intel, as I'm not looking for troublemakers here.

Joe
Yeah he's a dirtbag. Many people on Dankowski were requesting his banishment daily. It is odd to see someone banned over there.
(07-04-2015 02:43 PM)PittsburghWill Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah he's a dirtbag. Many people on Dankowski were requesting his banishment daily. It is odd to see someone banned over there.

Great, we're quickly becoming the community of last resort. Maybe that should be our new marketing angle...

"Get kicked off all the other forums? Does no other treasure hunting site want you? Come to Treasure Classifieds, and you'll be welcomed with open arms...regardless of what a pain in the a$$ you are!"

Joe
Reference URL's