Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Hey all!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Charlie from Chattanooga, Tennessee here. Looking forward to meeting you all!  I am an American Civil War buff and a coin hunter. Just starting out in the hobby so any tips will be welcome!!!!
Welcome from just south of Houston Tx. If it beeps go a head and dig. Learn your machine. And always remember...if it isn't lost you can't find it. Look forward to seeing your finds.
Hello from Missouri. Best advise I can give is research for good locations because if it's not there for you to find you won't. Next is to learn your machine. Best of luck to ya looking forward to seeing your finds.
Welcome Beer Lots of talented, experienced hunters here, so I'm sure you'll get some good tips, like the ones you've already been given above. Enjoy our community.

Joe
Welcome to the forum from NE Ohio! Location is the lock, swing time and knowing your machine is the key. Do as much swinging as you can. When the light bulb goes off you'll be digging up jaw dropping stuff! It's simply a matter of time.

Have fun out there and HAPPY HUNTING!

ODF
Welcome Charlie!!!
RJ Hi
Welcome to the forum Charlie. If you have questions just ask. You can find alot of answers here. What detector are you using?
Thank you all for the welcome. I am just starting out in the hobby and my wife got my detector. It came from a place called [no link support], it is called a fortune finder platinum digital TC-3020. I suppose it is OK to start out with but I want to get a at pro or at gold one day. I need to get a digging tool still and eventually a pinpointer before I get really started...
Welcome to the forum Charlie.
(07-04-2015 03:32 PM)cthomp1961 Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you all for the welcome. I am just starting out in the hobby and my wife got my detector. It came from a place called [no link support], it is called a fortune finder platinum digital TC-3020. I suppose it is OK to start out with but I want to get a at pro or at gold one day. I need to get a digging tool still and eventually a pinpointer before I get really started...

A pinpointer is a must. If you're on a budget you can get one from Harbor Freight. It's not top of the line but it's better than no pinpointer. Any hardware store will have some sort of digger that will work until you decide you want to invest more. There is a classifieds section on this blog. You can find some good deals if you're diligent. Also look at Craigslist in your area or nearby. I look everyday on Craigslist. You just never know what will be available.

Best of luck.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's