Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Anyone use electrolysis?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Gonna Macgyver a simple electrolysis unit soon, as I've known guys over the years who've gotten GREAT results from it. Any of you use it? I've seen the most $hitty looking coins come out looking fantastic after an electric bath Happy

Joe
Not yet...but probably will come winter on relics
I have used it on coins and tried a little with some relics.  I need to work on a better solution for relics.  For coins I just use a simple baking soda mix.  I use an old cell phone charger and a couple alligator clips.

Be careful not to zap it to long.  I only go 10-20 seconds and then rub with baking soda and then zap it a little more.  But usually only on the coins tha have that heavy gray oxidation on them. 

Surprisingly the spit in aluminum foil works pretty good too!!  Stinks pretty bad--but works!
Hey Ron, you ever go to Josh's forum? They have a lot of info on restoring relics
(08-17-2013 10:10 AM)deathray Wrote: [ -> ]Hey Ron, you ever go to Josh's forum? They have a lot of info on restoring relics

Who is Josh?  Not sure what site you are talking about.

Let me know and I will read up on it.

Thanks
Csrelic forum..josh is the dude with the wife on the digger show with Chicago Ron and Larry C.
OK  I was unaware he had a forum.  I will check it out.

I met both of them at the last Depot hunt but I doubt they know me as I'm just a wannabe!! Wink  I'm good friends with Larry and Mike though!!

I hunted with Ron in Chicago once and he was a nice guy but you know what fame does.  He did not even acknowledge me at the last hunt and I spent 7 hours hunting with him in Chicago. Think  I know I am forgettable, but THAT forgettable!! !!
He's got a good forum for the hardcore relic guys...that guy heavymetalnut post some truly incredible finds...like mindblowing! But yeah, Josh is a good guy, I've talked to him a little via email cause we both hail from Columbus , Ga. And hey Ron, Chicago Ron should be asking for your autograph bud!
Funny you should mention that -
I'm gonna try a speed/no battery version I found on the minelab site...

http://www.minelabowners.com/coincleaning.html

Just ordered Arm and Hammer Super Washing soda...
apparently its Sodium carbonate (much stronger) than normal Baking Soda (bisodium carbonate)

Will post pics of before/after...
Cool Micah..yes please report your results. Check out that forum I mentioned too, good info to be found, might help.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's