Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Toasty LC and a Wonder Object!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well I went back there and dug more iron and really, really slowed down. Got there about 1pm and finished up about 5pm, so I got a good 4 hours at it. And honestly, with the ground I covered and just the one LC, I think the site is, well, not hunted out but well hunted. Maybe needs a winter or two to show some stuff.

And I'm about 2 hours in swinging like the old fart that I am and up pops this 00-28, 00-29 signal, but it's not giving me the real tinny high tone. I cross sweep it and it's holding loud and clear and pretty tight. My brain is saying "Bust Half" but my heart is saying "Memorial under the leaves, you dummy.". I took the Samson today so I'm raring to dig and I take out a 12" wide plug, just in case. It's a clean plug, got 6 inches on it and anxiously pinpoint the hole. Nothing! Check the plug and bingo. And it turns out to be another LC, but a little toasty. Okay, I'll take it.

And one mystery item! Good luck on that one. Happy

Hope everyone had a Happy Fourth!

Have fun out there and HAPPY HUNTING!

ODF
Nice find Ed, like you said maybe a few good winters will turn some more great finds in years to come.
ODF that second pic is a wonder.....as in , I wonder what it is. But at least your getting to hunt.
Wow Ed you're killing the big pennies. I'd put that one in some olive oil for a while.
Congrat on the big penny!!
(07-04-2015 10:12 PM)Kajunman Wrote: [ -> ]ODF that second pic is a wonder.....as in , I wonder what it is.

No, as in, I wonder how he got it back to the damn car! That thing is huge!!! As usual, I'm stumped. A broken anvil that fell on top of the Road Runner?

Sweeeeeet LC, Ed, you're doing well on them. Your experience in that spot is akin to some of our wooded areas, they aren't completely hunted out, but they've been well hunted over the years. Sounds like that's the case by you, as covering that big an area should be yielding more old coins, especially if you know there was activity there in the past.

Still, a LC is (at least to me), a winning hunt all the way around, and toasted or not, it's yours, you earned it. That one isn't actually too bad compared to some of the ones we find here.

Glad you're liking the digger. The mini shovels are SO much easier. When we need to go back to our lesches in a more manicured spot, it's almost like a bummer for Gerry F. and I, lol.

Joe
Dang another large cent, your killin it.
Thanks guys! And no I didn't bring that iron thing back to the truck. It weighs in at about 25#'s and I left it there for other detectorist's to ponder. But you're right about the Sampson Joe. I don't use it very often but that's going to change in a hurry.
Another nice LC Ed Yes

Iron thing looks like part of an old pot bellie stove base/foot or something similar...

Beer
(07-06-2015 06:44 AM)MichiganRelicHunter Wrote: [ -> ]Another nice LC Ed Yes

Iron thing looks like part of an old pot bellie stove base/foot or something similar...

Beer
Wayne,

That's what I thought when I first found it. A tent stove perhaps, for a long term construction camp. Something that was packed on mules and could be reassembled when a new camp was made? The funny thing is, there are only about 12 good sized old trees about the place. Mostly old 6 foot wide Maples and Oaks. The rest are new saplings. I think whoever they were, they thinned out all the older dry trees then and left those big few back then for shade. There's plenty of iron signals about, but not an axehead in one. So the next time you find a new old tree in the woods, or the remains of a stump, look for where the sun would have cast a shadow and turn up the sensitivity! ChuckleYes

ODF
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's