Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Changed settings and dug # 19 today
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all, I listened to Joe about digging the chirp sound and pick up # 19 today.
No brag - just happy - thanks for the tip Joe, it works for sure!

The rusted iron is also a chip sound but I didn't have a problem finding it - it just means you have to pay your dues to get to the pay dirt!

Although the 1964 Roosevelt dime isn't making me a rich person it does count for # 19.
WTG Tony! Yes Yep. That iron is a sneaker!
Thanks ODF, just having fun again and that is all that matters in this hobby
Nice dime. It is true that if you only dig the best signals you will miss some good stuff. We dig junk.
Congrats on # 19
Thanks Bob and Will, yeah it's like a new hobby to dig junk iffy signals.
Big Tony it sounds like you're smiling again. Awesome to see you having success. Cheers , buddy.
Nice score on the shiny Yes That is the problem with digging those little blips, you'll dig more iron. However...

Not ALL of it will be iron. Being as you'll be down so deep, anything that's a coin (and not trash) will be old, and maybe even silver. If you dig these types of signals consistently, odds are you're going to be finding more oldies. But...

Feel the area out first. Whenever I'm in a new spot, I start digging everything to see what depths things are coming up at. If I'm pulling out wheats at 3 & 4", I'll pretty much start digging all signals, regardless of depth.. If, on the other hand, I pull a lot of wheats or some silvers and they're all coming up at around the 7 or 8" mark, then I know I need to skip digging anything shallow and concentrate only on the blips.

It's area specific. Obviously you know what you're doing, as you've already plucked a silver Happy

Joe
Thanks Kajunman, I am a happy dectecting dude once again!

Joe, thanks for the additional tips.I understand what you are saying.

I will not mind pulling up some iron parts, it's like pulling up tabs in hopes of a ring.
Reference URL's