Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: who uses a v3 or v3i series?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I apologize if this is not the right sub forum to post this in (please direct me if possible) but I am curious who uses this whites unit. 

I come from a background of using every bounty hunter (to begin my MD career) mine labs 505 & 705, whites xlt, Garrett 250, fisher gold bug pro with shooter coils and 13 inch Detech ultimate , and currently a Nokta Fors core pro pack...and my newly aquited v3i. I had an original v3 back in 2010, and traded it away (much to my chagrin now) Sad

I would like to learn from others and share my experiences in coin shooting and CW relic hunting with others on this forum. 

Don't be shy, let me know so I can learn from you and hopefully help you down the road as well. 

Thank you in advance, 
Bubba.
You are in the right category Bubba. I do not have any experience with the V3i but several here do.

ODF
I use a V3i but I am fairly new to it myself as this is my first season with it. One thing that I have learned is that a good ground balance is very important on depth. One other thing is the polar plot feature is only good for about 5-6inches deeper than that it does give good readings. I have mainly used the coin and jewelry program that I have tweaked to fit my ground and personal preferences but I like it better than my old DFX. I know thats not much help but it's about all I got other than YouTube videos I've learned somethings from them. Good Luck
Thanks big red and odf. Bigredd, are you using correlate or best data when hunting coins?  Also, which filter you using?  I'm still debating which one to try first
I believe It's on best data haven't messed with that much and as the filters go I have played with them a little and I didn't see much difference when i tried them. I watched some youtube videos on filters and most of them where for help with highly mineralized ground.I haven't had any problems with factory setting as the filters go. the main things I have changed is the tones and the rx gain and sensitivity. when I go out I ground balance then turn rx gain and sensitivity up till it false out then back it off little at a time till it is stable then get another good ground balance, then adjust from there if it becomes unstable again. Like I said I'm fairly new to the V3i too and think it's best if I only adjust things to keep it stable till I get a lot more time with the machine. I have been thinking about setting up a test garden of sorts to test different settings but haven't done it as of yet. The V3I is a very complicated machine and takes a while to get the hang of much less master and I know I'm not there yet.
Bigredd, I tried responding back to you via private message, but it says I'm not allowed to respond back, don't have permission, account not activated, or something along that line. I have activated my account TOO. Weird. 

But yes, I am on the whites forum as well under Bubbadirect

Talk soon,
Bubba
Reference URL's