Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: F 75 ltd 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Does anyone on this forum use an F75 ? I just bought one used. It was purchased new in December. It is the new model with dst . I am getting three coils , three lower rods and two middle rods. All for 725.00. I thought it was a good deal. What do you fellas think ?

I really like my AT Pro. Going on a special hunt in either mid August or September. I wanted a little more depth but didn't want a pi machine. Anyone with experience using this machine ? I would be grateful for any info.
I have the new T2 with DST. It's similar to the F75. The F75 has more features and can use concentric coils. The DST is great. It runs so quiet sometimes I have to put my digger over the coil to make sure it's working.
(07-08-2015 08:55 PM)PittsburghWill Wrote: [ -> ]I have the new T2 with DST.  It's similar to the F75.  The F75 has more features and can use concentric coils.  The DST is great.   It runs so quiet sometimes I have to put my digger over the coil to make sure it's working.

Will do you think I got a good deal ? Also do you like your T2 ? Like what kind of other units have you used to compare it too ? I don't know anything about FT. I'm kind of a Garrett guy.
Yeah with all the coils and rods I think you got a great deal. They are great machines. Should be deeper than the AT. I've never used an AT to compare.
I'm on my second F75. this one is the se2 and you got a helluva deal if it's the same one I saw with the Sharpshooter coil. The only thing that I would do is try to trade the DD for the 5 x10 concentric as it will hunt you through the bottle caps a little easier. the stock 11" is deeper and I don' think the Sharpshooter gains you enough to justify two DDs that close in size. I bought one just for getting closer to the structures in totlots and it's really not necessary. I had the concentric with my first 75 and should have bought another.
The 75 struggles a bit in bad soil like I have here where every handful of dirt gets you a teaspoon of black sand but in totlots and more neutral soils it's a pleasure to swing. I traded my first one off on my Deus and never stopped missing it so I picked up one of the new ones from TomD. It's certainly quieter but I still have to run the sens. down a bit here. I really don't have the sites to justify it from a recovery speed/unmasking point of view and it takes a back seat to the FBS machines in modern trash but the machine grows on you the more you use it. It's not waterproof but I think a lot more "powerful " than the AT. Turn the sens. down to the 50s and run the disc around 10 for a while until you get used to it. I personally don't like the boost mode in my ground unless I really drop the sens. way down in the 30s because it still falses like crazy in my dirt and I have to GB early and often,,,,I was really hoping they would've put an optional auto ground tracking feature on the disc side but maybe that will come on the next one.
Dusty thank you so much for all the info. Very informative. Yes it is the one with the sharpshooter coil. The soil here is good soil. Not much sand anywhere unless you go to the beach. I may take it out Sunday for a spell. Almost afraid to use it with all of the settings. It's a bit overwhelming. Hopefully it does what I want it to do.

GL and HH and again , thanks for the coins.
With all of the extras and the upgraded unit, you got a pretty good deal Yes I had an F75 for a bit, POWERFUL unit. No stretching or fibbing here, I was literally digging tiny screws, rivets, pieces of foil and stuff like that down 7, 8, 9"...and that wasn't in boost mode, either. Top tier units.

Joe
Thanks Joe. I'm looking forward to the challenge.
Good luck with your new machine!
Thank you , Tony.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's