Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: TO TRADE MY E TRAC FOR A DEUS?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey guys been a while since I posted. I've been tormented on the subject of trading my beloved e trac for a deus. I love my e trac but it just seems more and more like the sites that I'm hunting are more and more iron infested!  "E" just does the dreaded null. TTF I've tried to use but then I think why should I have to dumb down a $1500 detector so it will work.  I also see a lot of minelab guys switching.  Idk guys any thoughts? Thanks guys for your replies in advance, and as always thanks for your time!
(07-09-2015 08:01 PM)Firedigger109 Wrote: [ -> ]Hey guys been a while since I posted. I've been tormented on the subject of trading my beloved e trac for a deus. I love my e trac but it just seems more and more like the sites that I'm hunting are more and more iron infested!  "E" just does the dreaded null. TTF I've tried to use but then I think why should I have to dumb down a $1500 detector so it will work.  I also see a lot of minelab guys switching.  Idk guys any thoughts? Thanks guys for your replies in advance, and as always thanks for your time!

For me, as mostly a coin hunter nowadays, nothing beats a Minelab, and I'm sure most that have used them would agree with me on that. However...

While they can certainly be used to hunt for relics, and will do a pretty good job of finding them, the Minelab's are by no means what I would consider "relic" units. In addition...

If you are indeed hunting sites saturated with iron, as you said, this is NOT the strength of a Minelab. Light to moderate iron, workable. Heavy iron, a ML will drive you nuts and let you down, IMO.

Having never used a Deus, I can't go into specifics on it, but I know one of its main selling points is its ability in iron, so I don't think it would be a bad move. Keep in mind, though...

There are quite a few great units for heavy iron work: Racer, AT Gold, F75/T2 with small coils, just to name a few.

I'm sure others will chime in with more help than I, but whatever you wind up doing, I wish you the best Yes

Joe
I'd sell my CTX before the etrac.
The Deus might fit some of your sites better but it will be hard to feel really comfortable with it while you still have your etrac. See if you can borrow one for awhile. My Deus spends the vast majority of it's time folded up Star Trek style behind the seat of my truck while I use the other detectors. It sees a totlot now and then but the types of sites you're talking about are not what I hunt very often and I'd go with something besides that 11" Deus coil anyway. I'm anxious to see what this Fall's update will include---if they come out with a true multifrequency 6 x 9 as the rumors are implying , ,that could be a game changer for me. However ,I'll still keep a Minelab for the modern trashy areas.
Deus has a transferable warranty , 2 years on the batteries and 5 years on the rest so don't be afraid of a good used one and save some bucks. Personally , I wouldn't buy new until after the update is announced or you may get stuck buying the coil you really want on top of one which makes you wish you hadn't sold the etrac. Happy
(07-09-2015 10:28 PM)Dusty Wrote: [ -> ]I'd sell my CTX before the etrac.
The Deus might fit some of your sites better but it will be hard to feel really comfortable with it while you still have your etrac. See if you can borrow one for awhile. My Deus spends the vast majority of it's time folded up Star Trek style behind the seat of my truck while I use the other detectors. It sees a totlot now and then but the types of sites you're talking about are not what I hunt very often and I'd go with something besides that 11" Deus coil anyway. I'm anxious to see what this Fall's update will include---if they come out with a true multifrequency 6 x 9 as the rumors are implying , ,that could be a game changer for me. However ,I'll still keep a Minelab for the modern trashy areas.
Deus has a transferable warranty , 2 years on the batteries and 5 years on the rest so don't be afraid of a good used one and save some bucks. Personally , I wouldn't buy new until after the update is announced or you may get stuck buying the coil you really want on top of one which makes you wish you hadn't sold the etrac. Happy

Dusty I'm curious as to why you would sell your ctx before your e trac ?
I don't want to hijack the thread and it's a long story of comparison but think of the etrac as a pair of wonderfully broken in boots you can use to climb mountains or wear on a date and the CTX like an expensive pair of similar boots that continues to make your feet hurt.
(07-10-2015 09:18 PM)Dusty Wrote: [ -> ]I don't want to hijack the thread and it's a long story of comparison but think of the etrac as a pair of wonderfully broken in boots you can use to climb mountains or wear on a date and the CTX like an expensive pair of similar boots that continues to make your feet hurt.

But the new boots will break in sooner or later and once broke in may be a better fit!! Happy
(07-10-2015 09:18 PM)Dusty Wrote: [ -> ]I don't want to hijack the thread and it's a long story of comparison but think of the etrac as a pair of  wonderfully broken in boots you can use to climb mountains or wear on a date and the CTX like an expensive pair of similar boots that continues to make your feet hurt.

I do agree comfort level will help you be a more effective hunter. I've never even seen an etrac in person. My buddy has a CTX. He didn't like it when he first got it. He says it's slow but he has had it now since Christmas and he is definitely warming up to it.

That said I read where people sell their etrac only to regret it and are in the market for another.
Ron , I'm not talking the CTX down just making the point that I'd keep the detector I'm the most comfortable with if push came to shove and I had to cut back to one. To stay on topic the dilemma of ditching the etrac for the Deus is tough because I still find myself falling back to the etrac when the detecting really counts regardless of whether I have the Deus or CTX or the F75 to use. The Deus is a great back up to any but is probably not going to become a guy's go to machine until they resolve to use it exclusively which I haven't been able to do.

If I sold my etrac to get the Deus I would always be thinking I was missing stuff even after I became fluent with the Deus. "etrac" will always be my first language Happy
I've had numerous offers for trading my etrac for a deus. All of them say it's not a fair trade and they want me to put cash with the deal. ARE YOU KIDDING ME!  My trac 3 batteries 2 coils, Andys book, charger, custom made envio cover!  Lol I think it made me mad enough just to keep the etrac. People are very proud of them. I guess they will sit there and look at the mistake they bought!
(07-12-2015 11:08 PM)Firedigger109 Wrote: [ -> ]I've had numerous offers for trading my etrac for a deus. All of them say it's not a fair trade and they want me to put cash with the deal. ARE YOU KIDDING ME!  My trac 3 batteries 2 coils, Andys book, charger, custom made envio cover!  Lol I think it made me mad enough just to keep the etrac. People are very proud of them. I guess they will sit there and look at the mistake they bought!

Great topic... I bought a new Deus WS5 package about a year ago... ended up trading it for an equally new E-Trac after 4 or 5 months and frankly... never regretted it. I gave the Deus a chance and much effort, joining many Deus forums and the only thing about the Deus I miss, was it's lightness.  One side note... the guy I traded it to... well, he got rid of it too after a few months.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's