Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: #37 FTY and Compilation of Nice Stuff!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is a catch up post of stuff I've found since the beginning of July that I haven't posted.

The Rosie is from today at my place of work. Must have come in from fill when they built those 3 fields back in 1992. Also found $2.83 in clad and memorials. 1.5 hours.

The 1924 dog tag, suspender clip are from one hunt yesterday. Where I found a lot of shotgun headstamps and a campfire ring. Tons of foil as well. 1.5 hours.

The bullets and shell casings, 1997 dog tag, Burma Shave jar and spoon are from the vicinity of where I found those Largies and the Canadian Half Penny. Over 5 hours combined.

This is my first silver for July and I have only taken one day off from detecting.

Have fun out there and HAPPY HUNTING!!!!

ODF

ps.... My Deb has already confiscated the Burma Shave Jar for a candy dish with Werther's Coffee and Caramel candies. LOL!
Very nice stuff ODF. I always look forward to your postings to see what you have found.
That tag in the upper left and the shave jar are killer pieces! Is it humid by you, or more of a dry type heat? I don't know how you do it, but you do it well Yes I'm reserving my energy till fall, which by then I should be about 300lbs. with the way I'm packing on the weight, lol. Solid hunt, Ed Happy

Joe
(07-09-2015 09:46 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]That tag in the upper left and the shave jar are killer pieces! Is it humid by you, or more of a dry type heat? I don't know how you do it, but you do it well Yes I'm reserving my energy till fall, which by then I should be about 300lbs. with the way I'm packing on the weight, lol. Solid hunt, Ed Happy

Joe

Thanks Joe and Kajun!!

No, it was tops 70F today and we got slammed with rain and then drizzle from 11 am to about 3 pm. GREAT FOR DIGGING!!!! We had to get a couple of fields ready for tonight and some of my boys came in and "Just Did It!" and got soaked to the skin in the process. But they're the real Troopers of the bunch that I have, all Varsity football players. When the going get's tough, .......

When we finally wrapped it up around 5pm I said to myself I'm not going to the swampy woods and so I just stuck around and did some areas at work I hadn't yet done.

When it gets up to 90 F here I'll just use a bigger wet towel. If they find me dead in the woods, well, so be it! At least I'll have died detecting!!!

ODF
ODF, Ed, terrific finds! Love the old stuff - 1924 dog tag, super find!

What did you mean "get the fields ready for tonight"?
(07-09-2015 11:22 PM)Bigtony Wrote: [ -> ]ODF, Ed, terrific finds! Love the old stuff - 1924 dog tag, super find!

What did you mean "get the fields ready for tonight"?

We had men's club soccer games that were rescheduled for last night that they regretfully didn't inform us of until Wednesday evening. Well we had those field groups resting, or in other words shut down. So we had to go out in the rain and measure, string and paint stripe, install goals, etc., on 2 areas so they would have somewhere to play. I'm a facilities manager for a 57 acre soccer complex. We have the Adidas National Showcase coming up next weekend so I'm going to be pretty busy. We are already prepping for that but this rainy weather is denting us pretty good.

ODF
Reference URL's