Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: XP DEUS. Programs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Good point joe.
I started whittling away at the disc patterns on the etrac as soon as I became confident with the tones. Lowered(raised the number) the iron level and eliminated the nonferrous black out until I was running only a small amount of disc. The weakest point of other machines, including the CTX , is that they don't give the degree of blending of targets that the FBS early machines do. I hunt more on the theory that in trashy areas I dig all the stuff that I know might NOT be trash. I only pass the stuff I'm sure is bad if that makes any sense. Many only dig the stuff they think could be good. The nice thing about the DEUS is that none of the programs that I remember incorporate any notch settings which is what the pre-set programs on alot of other machines do---Minelabs in particular. With the exception of your basic discrimination level , which applies to mostly the iron , all of the programs allow the operator to decide what is trash and what isn't. The F75 starts the same as the Deus but the notch system is too broad and the tones are inferior on those mixed targets.

diggler , Andy's book is pretty good but incredibly boring. There is a lot of good info in there about how different settings interact and it has some good starting points for different areas but , once again , I never rely too heavily on other people settings. It's kind of like tying trout flies---always more fun to catch fish on a fly you modified to your own taste (or invented outright) than one that's off the shelf.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's