Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Social Sharing Buttons
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just wanted to point out a very neat feature of the forum, which some of you may not be aware of...

When you go into any thread, above the first post, you'll see little buttons/icons (photo below). The reason these are there, is because...

When you're reading a thread you like, or think it's an interesting topic, or maybe a great find someone made, etc., you can click the button of your choice to share it on a social media site. However, you DO need an account set-up on the platform you wish to share it on. For instance...

Treasure Classifieds has its own FB & Twitter accounts. If I'm reading about a huge nugget Ron just found for example, and I want to share it with my friends on FB or Twitter, I simply click the appropriate button, and a complete post including the link is already done for you. Once you click the button, the thread will be posted to your FB wall, Twitter feed, Google+ board, Instagram, Pinterest, and so on.

Why would you want to do this, you may be wondering?

Most of us are on some form of social media site - FB & Twitter being the likely candidates. By sharing something from the forum, it's easy, cool content you can share with friends, metal detecting buddies, family, etc. It also helps the forum, too, by creating buzz and backlinks. Additionally (and more importantly)...

It helps the OP out a LOT. Again, using the Ron example from earlier, if I shared his thread about a whopper nugget he found, and it went to all our FB friends & Twitter followers, that's hundreds/thousands of additional views his video will get, because we shared his thread. He might also get more subscribers to his youtube channel, new friends on FB, etc.

It's all there for you, guys Yes

Joe
Good to know Joe. I try to expose as many as I can to the hobby so they can see the good and not hear the bad about our beloved hobby.
Joe, iunstead of sending you a PM - I decided to ask here - no big deal though...

What if I don't want you to share a post of mine?

I am the type right now to use FB but not be share my private life (ie; daily expierences) with the world.
I do post to a few friends but that's about it.
(07-11-2015 04:16 PM)Bigtony Wrote: [ -> ]Joe, iunstead of sending you a PM - I decided to ask here - no big deal though...

What if I don't want you to share a post of mine?

I am the type right now to use FB but not be share my private life (ie; daily expierences) with the world.
I do post to a few friends but that's about it.

That's a fair question...

One would have to assume, that since people are willingly posting their finds here - on an open, publicly accessible forum - that they simply wouldn't mind having their thread shared. It's front & center information to begin with. This site gets over 150,000 page views per month, so, while there might be only 700 members, and maybe 8 or 9 responses to a thread, I can assure you, there are MANY more people seeing what you, I and everyone else post.

I do understand your concerns, and I will honor them. If anyone feels the same, just reply here to this thread, and I will do the same.

I know some of you aren't big on the whole social media thing, and that's fine, but do realize, that while our site may seem small & personal sometimes, it actually draws much more attention than you think. So, as a general rule of thumb...

If someone - anyone - is uncomfortable about the sharing of sensitive information, it may be wise not to post it on a public forum to begin with Happy

Joe
It works on FB. I've done it a couple of times. Saves me a lot of time reposting.

ODF
Joe, I understand and it is a cool feature that many folks will enjoy. Thanks for all the hard work that you and the staff put into making that happen.
I hope many folks enjoy using it as soon as possible
Reference URL's