Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Barber Dime & Milk Bottle
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I had the itch today, but it was going to be 90 degrees, so I just got out for 3 hours early this morning, before the temps rose.

Got a 1914 barber dime, a very cool old milk bottle, which says "Frick Bros. - Irvington, NJ. One Half Pint of Liquid". Hit google and a few other sites, but very little info on the company. I'm guessing from the 30's or 40's maybe, but not sure. There was a small chunk of glass that cracked and came out on the bottom unfortunately, by whomever lost it, which you'll see in the pics.

Also snagged 2 toasted indians and a peep show token.

Joe
Nice score on the barber Joe. That's a pretty neat bottle also.
Very nice Joe! Congrats!
That's a darn good few hour hunt there , Joe.
Even with the nick in the bottom that bottle is a classic! I find so many broken milk bottles it breaks my heart to see them. Nice catch on the Barber dime and the IH's. That peep show token is pretty cool too! Wonder if it's from the old row on 42nd Street?

ODF
(07-11-2015 07:52 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]Even with the nick in the bottom that bottle is a classic! I find so many broken milk bottles it breaks my heart to see them. Nice catch on the Barber dime and the IH's. That peep show token is pretty cool too! Wonder if it's from the old row on 42nd Street?

ODF

Thanks, guys! Don't laugh, I actually went to that peep place many moons ago, Ed!!! Lol. The token isn't that old, maybe from the 80's or thereabouts. The place used to be down the block from Madison Square Garden, but I wouldn't be able to tell you what went on inside...no knowledge at all Think Chuckle

I was trying to get info on the milk company online, and was coming up empty, aside from tons of websites with bottles for sale, CHRIST, I'm in the wrong business, I should be hunting for bottles! Some were VERY pricy. Of course, not mine, lol.

Oh well, I scratched the itch!

Joe
Nice "Fricken" milk bottle Joe Wink

Silver and tokens are always good too Yes

Beer
Love the old bottle and the barber too, nice digs
Great digs Joe. That bottle is sweet. I find old broken pieces all the time, but not whole ones.
Reference URL's