Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Expanded Search @ LARGIE SITE!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
.... And found this, of all things, on the overgrown periphery of the SAME area I found 2 LC's and a Canadian Half Penny!

So after running a Stihl string trimmer all morning and into the early afternoon, then 4 hours of humping through brush, raspberry thickets, making my way up and down mosquito infested ravines, answering job related texts and then accidentally spitting into my mosquito head net, (a nasty and disgusting sight), I come home with a 64 Rosie where I thought I'd find a capped bust, a seated, another LC, or DEAR GOD, maybe a wheat!

But I'll take it.

Have fun out there and HAPPY HUNTING!

ODF
Silver is silver Yes I've gone home empty fisted a lot more than once, so, if a rosie saves the day, IT'S A WIN Yes And don't feel bad, 10 years in, and I'm still looking for a capped bust! And a flying eagle cent, a trime, a morgan, how long do you got? I can go on all night! Tongue

How in the hell you're able to run in those thick, overgrown, buggy woods in the heat & humidity amazes me. I can maybe do it, but I'd probably have a heart attack afterwards. I'm about 25lbs. overweight currently, so, that'll do it!!!

Joe
ODF/Ed, but that is your MO of late. You hunt real hard and give it a great try but at least you did come home with a silver like Joe said. I think he is right.
We can all find regular coins and all have come home without keepers, I know I do and pleanty of times.
I know what you mean that a place looks much better than it turns out.

Sounds like a new post and we should add pictures too.
(07-11-2015 10:10 PM)Bigtony Wrote: [ -> ]ODF/Ed, but that is your MO of late. You hunt real hard and give it a great try but at least you did come home with a silver like Joe said. I think he is right.
We can all find regular coins and all have come home without keepers, I know I do and pleanty of times.
I know what you mean that a place looks much better than it turns out.

Sounds like a new post and we should add pictures too.

Tony,

I read your post in the other thread and back problems are nothing to fool with. I was sore as hell when I got home tonight even after a hot shower, a dog walk and having dinner. I do push it. Sometimes I push it a little too hard. And I know I'm not some kid anymore. But to give it up or take a long break would just ruin me for the next time I go out. Not to sound like "Clinton", but I feel your pain. I've had Sciatica more than once and at one time had a sand sized broken piece of bone rubbing my spinal nerve between L5 and S1. 6 solid months of hell on that one and I was eating Percocets like they were candy. It naturally dissolved but the memory never leaves.

Detecting for me now is the exercise that makes me feel alive. Work is one thing but to go out and actually do something adventurous and in a new locale, no matter how I have to get there, makes the mark for my persona. Even as a kid I was getting into trouble seeking out new territory and being the sailor of sorts on my feet. To some extent that's really what I'm doing now. Being a kid again. Looking for new adventure, feeling young at heart, and blossoming in my self confidence in the hobby. Detecting to a great degree has made me into a newer person than I was. I like it. It's real, real tough at times. But if my coil hasn't been there, then I'm off on an adventure. I'm only going to live once.

Take care Tony.

ODF
Good old Roosevelt saves the day. Nice find Ed. Hey Joe. There's a list I can relate to. All the things I haven't dug yet.
Silver IS silver!

Nice save Ed Yes
Reference URL's