Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: A few CA keepers!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Mark and I hit a site that we believe was once a home/store along an old wagon road.

We had taken a forum member there once before and later he told us that one item he found was a old ancient Roman coin. I don't think I ever saw it. On the way there Mark and I were talking about that find. Funny how thing work like that!!

Dug a couple seated dimes, a very COOL National Guard of California button

and a crazy Roman coin (ancient counterfeit) but still dates to 79 BC.

Cool stuff Ron Yes
Great video Ron and congrats on a two silver night
Damn, Ron, you guys are tearing that place to smithereens out there! You know you had a phenomenal hunt when seateds take a back seat to another find Yes Chuckle In my book, the fact that it's THAT old overrides the point of it being a counterfeit. Due to the extreme age, who gives a $hit if it's real or not. Sure, you'd like it to be genuine, but at the end of the day, you've uncovered something most will never even dream of digging Wink

Joe
Great finds Ron and Mark.

"Out in the middle of nowhere.", was Mark's comment.
Man guys, how true that is!!!

ODF
(07-14-2015 04:39 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]Damn, Ron, you guys are tearing that place to smithereens out there! You know you had a phenomenal hunt when seateds take a back seat to another find Yes Chuckle In my book, the fact that it's THAT old overrides the point of it being a counterfeit. Due to the extreme age, who gives a $hit if it's real or not. Sure, you'd like it to be genuine, but at the end of the day, you've uncovered something most will never even dream of digging Wink

Joe

I agree Joe

and truthfully

because it's a counterfeit

that makes it far more rare than an actual period piece!
I'll say they are keepers! Very cool - congratulations!
Damn dude, how cool is that!!! My guess is an arganaut had them as good luck charms. Friggin cool. 
We where hitting a demo in Stockton years ago, and this wierdo dude used to always show up with his Toltec...he was a braggart, one upper dude...anyway. he swore he dug a Roman coin in Stockton..now maybe I believe him, lol.
Awesome finds. Is that the oldest coin you guys have dug over there? Must have been from the time of the Roman invasion of California. Yes
(07-15-2015 08:55 AM)PittsburghWill Wrote: [ -> ]Awesome finds. Is that the oldest coin you guys have dug over there? Must have been from the time of the Roman invasion of California. Yes

That is my oldest coin anywhere!! LOL Damn Romans were everywhere!
Reference URL's