Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Jinxed!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Was NOT a good day! Let's see...

Started off with me getting into it with my old lady right before I was heading out the door for my hunt. Needless drama for the most trivial of B.S. Strike one!

On the way to my spot, as I'm blazing to go and all hyped up to detect, I get blocked in on the street while a tractor trailer has to back into a tiny crevice of a yard that a Mini Cooper would have trouble fitting in to. The driver had about 4 guys signaling him, yelling directions at him, etc. That ate up about 15 minutes of swinging time. Strike two!

I finally arrive at my location, and as I'm extending the shaft of my detector (because I collapse it after my hunts), I suddenly hear, SPLAT!!! Out of nowhere, a bird drops a huge black $hit and it landed almost smack dab in the middle of my coil. Talk about accuracy! Strike three!!!

If I had any wits about me, I would've turned around and went home, but I decided to makes the most of my day. Should've turned around Yes

Wasn't getting the right signals, dug a ton of iron, and it was too damn humid.

The only beacon of light on this hunt was a gorgeous brooch I snagged. Cleaned up well, and is one of my new favorite pieces. Where I found the brooch was moderately trashy, and I need to go back with a small coil, as I'm certain there are oldies hiding there.

Joe
That is a cool piece. Sounds like you had a heluva day. I thought when a bird poops on you it's supposed to be good luck.
WOW! That broach is just bad ass. Congrats!
That's a sick broach. Very coolYes
She looks calm and debonaire! Unlike you're approach. She is wise and knowing. Your second time back will be a winner. She has told you so. Nice find!Yes

Make up to the woman, calm down and go get it! Or you "are" in for a heart attack! Chuckle

ODF
That's a badazz pin/brooch Joe!

HH and hit it hard Yes

Beer
Wow cool brooch - you do find nice stuff - congratulations!

The birds like to hit white targets - Too funny, you were lucky that you weren't wearing a white hat!
Nice find Joe. Judging by the hair style, it looks like turn of the century. I hope to get back there with you on Thurs. Don't feel bad, I get a shitonya just about every day!
Cool brooch there Joe. Did you get caught in the rain , I did came home with 3 silver Washington and a wet A$$
(07-14-2015 07:18 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]She looks calm and debonaire! Unlike you're approach. She is wise and knowing. Your second time back will be a winner. She has told you so. Nice find!Yes

Make up to the woman, calm down and go get it! Or you "are" in for a heart attack! Chuckle

ODF

Thanks, guys Yes I'm thrilled with the brooch, and it saved my day, but overall, was one bad thing after another.

Yeah, it blew over already, Ed, THANK GOD! I swear, these women are like walking soap operas. I think it's all Houswive shows and that kinda crap.

(07-14-2015 08:19 PM)bulletbob Wrote: [ -> ]Cool brooch there Joe. Did you get caught in the rain , I did came home with 3 silver Washington and a wet A$$

It started up and I made it back to my car shortly after. Packed everything away, started taking off, and it completely stops. Only a passing shower, but I wanted to leave early anyway after the "$hitty" morning Chuckle

Joe
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's