Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Small round things and a whatsit
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Using the T2 with the 5" coil, I searched the yard a little again this evening. Picked out some small goodies. 1927 wheatie, another flat button, and a clad dime. A couple big overloads. One is a door knob and I don't know about the thing with the wheels.
Send it to Joe for electolosis..j.k.  Hard to tell how big it is...maybe part of a garden tool or maybe a Tonka toy?
Hmmmm, I could be wrong, but, kinda looks like an old roller skate to me. Maybe 50's or 60's. The wheels appear to be the right size, and that flat piece n the middle is where the foot would go. The older style skates used to be expendable - one could've made them bigger or smaller. That's my guess and I'm sticking to it Happy

Love the flat button! To this day, still get a rush digging them Yes

You are slowly starting to become one with that T2...now snatch the pebble from my hand, young grasshopper Wink

Joe
That flat thing on the upper left of the button appears to be an old coin. Is that the wheatie? Looks like an old copper to me. I can see a mans head and some lettering around the edge. Can anyone else see what I'm seeing, my eyes are shot.

Joe
(08-19-2013 10:59 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]That flat thing on the upper left of the button appears to be an old coin. Is that the wheatie? Looks like an old copper to me. I can see a mans head and some lettering around the edge. Can anyone else see what I'm seeing, my eyes are shot.

Joe

That's a regular old dirty clad dime. The wheatie is to the right.
I third the roller skate and consider the ID closed!!

You have persistence I will give you that.  Like Mark said, just a matter of time until a real nice one pops out of the ground!!
(08-20-2013 12:53 AM)49r Relics Wrote: [ -> ]I say roller skate too.

Digging all of that foil and you are definitely going to hit a gold ring or a nice piece of gold jewelry soon.  Plus a U.S. 3 cent nickel and lots of old U.S. gold coins come up down in foil too.

HH Yes

Yeah I'm just waiting for a solid hit on a lower number to be something good. I know jewelry can ID anywhere on the scale. I found a silver cross pendant with my F2 one day and it hit solid on nickel. A good solid hit could always be something good. I really think it is a bad idea to disc out nickels, pull tabs, and zinc. This is where I find stuff like flat buttons and indian heads. When I first started I didn't know much and found alot of good stuff with a cheap detector(bounty hunter jr). Then I got caught up in discrimination and didn't find so much. It's best to work with the disc low and learn your machine. People told me that and it took me a little time to listen.

(08-20-2013 02:54 AM)Ron (CA) Wrote: [ -> ]I third the roller skate and consider the ID closed!!

You have persistence I will give you that.  Like Mark said, just a matter of time until a real nice one pops out of the ground!!

Yep I'm pretty sure it's a skate. That was my first thought too.
I'm in for "roller skate" on the wheels thing too!

Is that a glass tube I see in the main pic??

If so - I think you found someones crack pipe! lol

What side of the tracks you huntin/did you find that stuff on - the "wrong side"!?

HH
(08-21-2013 05:21 PM)MichiganRelicHunter Wrote: [ -> ]I'm in for "roller skate" on the wheels thing too!

Is that a glass tube I see in the main pic??

If so - I think you found someones crack pipe! lol

What side of the tracks you huntin/did you find that stuff on - the "wrong side"!?

HH

The only glass thing there is a marble. This stuff is all from my hunted out backyard. I live right on the tracks. You don't wanna come in my neighborhood. JK
Reference URL's