Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Really BEAT Merc! #43 FTY
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Had to take this with a black background from one of my shirts to get any kind of detail and color. It's either a 1919 or an 18 D Merc. And guess what??? I found it 6 feet away from where I found the 38 Washington on the grassy road berm, but in the woods. 75 feet from the truck and about 10 minutes into the hunt.

Included is a picture of my nemesis! These bloody things are all over the woods and I had bites all over my right forearm last month from one of the buggers. And take my word for it, I don't know exactly what they are, but I was eating Benadryl like Skittles to stop the itching. And they are EVERYWHERE this time of year.

The little writing at the bottom is "Love you Barb!". Barb was my late wife. She died 12 years ago today from large T cell lymphoma. Miss her Mucho!!!

Have fun out there and HAPPY HUNTING!

ODF
ODF, Sorry to hear about your loss. It's never easy when stuff like that happens.

Nice find and are you showing us a spider web on that tree?
(07-23-2015 08:07 PM)Bigtony Wrote: [ -> ]ODF, Sorry to hear about your loss. It's never easy when stuff like that happens.

Nice find and are you showing us a spider web on that tree?

It's not the best shot Tony. Thank you by the way. I've moved on, but the memory still lingers. We had some real great times together.

These little guys, they belay out a strand in the wind and whatever it catches they use as a baseline for their web structure. And let me tell you, this one is in sunlight, between that tree and a sapling nearby. The wind was blowing so it didn't come out that well. There are thousands of them all over the woods. I walk through them, in the shade of the forest, swearing constantly and checking to see if they bugged off my bare skin. They are not dangerous. But with a long sleeved shirt, where they can be trapped in the sleeves, they fight back. I gotta give them credit. They're fighters.

ODF
Sorry for your loss. Glad you could get out and enjoy the day in her memory!
Oh it's SO nice to see a silver...even if it's only on my computer screen, lol! Good catch, Ed Yes I swear, when I first looked at the pic, I thought it was a flying saucer!!! I echo the other guy's sentiments about your wife, and a wonderful way to honor the love you both still share Heart

Maybe you can make it a regular tribute. Whenever you find a barber, you can include the phrase somewhere in the photo Yes

Joe
(07-24-2015 08:17 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]Oh it's SO nice to see a silver...even if it's only on my computer screen, lol! Good catch, Ed Yes I swear, when I first looked at the pic, I thought it was a flying saucer!!! I echo the other guy's sentiments about your wife, and a wonderful way to honor the love you both still share Heart

Maybe you can make it a regular tribute. Whenever you find a barber, you can include the phrase somewhere in the photo Yes

Joe

You sure have some genius in you Joe! That's a great idea. I think I'll do that. Maybe it was a subliminal thing in my mind that YOU brought to my attention. Thanks! Now I love Barbers and Mercs!!!HeartYes

Ed
(07-24-2015 09:52 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-24-2015 08:17 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]Oh it's SO nice to see a silver...even if it's only on my computer screen, lol! Good catch, Ed Yes I swear, when I first looked at the pic, I thought it was a flying saucer!!! I echo the other guy's sentiments about your wife, and a wonderful way to honor the love you both still share Heart

Joe

You sure have some genius in you Joe! That's a great idea. I think I'll do that. Maybe it was a subliminal thing in my mind that YOU brought to my attention. Thanks! Now I love Barbers and Mercs!!!HeartYes

Ed

Thanks, big guy! Wish I can take credit for it, but I attribute the genius mainly to the hat. I tried the underwear originally, but too uncomfortable!!!

Joe
Reference URL's