Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: #5 SLQ fty & #44!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well I crossed the river for this one. Was over there in some flatland not even 10 minutes and I get this 00-29, 00-30 screamer of a signal over the leaves. I lift my coil to check if it's a can and it's still screaming at me 6 inches above the leaves. Real tinny high pitched sound though. So I say, okay, let's see what we have here. I sweep away the leaves with my boot and there's lady liberty laying there on the ground looking up at me!!!Yes

Have fun out there and HAPPY HUNTING!!

ODF
Dude, your getting some great coins this year!
Coin is in great shape .. Nice save !
Outstanding ODF. Love the story that comes with your finds. You paint a picture for us.
Right on top of the ground...gotta love hunting in the woods! She's a beauty, Ed Yes With the date makes it even better!!!

Hunter Safety Tip #1: Always remember, if you're detecting alone in the woods and suddenly hear someone playing a banjo, RUN!!!

Joe
Congrats on the SLQ Ed, still looking for one for this year myself.
Nice SLQ, Congrats!
Congrats! Love those dated SLQ's.
Sweet coin Ed. That's amazing it was just laying there. I wonder how many years or decades it's been there.
(07-27-2015 11:38 PM)deathray Wrote: [ -> ]Dude, your getting some great coins this year!

Thanks Ray! Man, I never thought. But you never can tell either. Been all over the freaking territory. I think that's the key. And ground conditions too. Went over two spots and found MORE! And had been over them before. Low and slow when you're in a hot spot!

(07-27-2015 11:58 PM)Kajunman Wrote: [ -> ]Outstanding ODF. Love the story that comes with your finds. You paint a picture for us.

I like to tell the story because I don't video. Thanks man! I took three pictures of it laying on the ground and four in my gloved hand. So out of focus you could tell it was a SLQ but horrible pics. Turned out that when I sprayed bug spray all over myself I got the camera lens and IR focuser as well on my belt clip. I didn't even realize it until I got home and tried to take a pic in the setup I have. Cleaned it up and trashed those photos but I'm hoping I didn't damage the IR receiver on the phone. Watch where you spray the bug juice!!!

ODF

(07-28-2015 11:08 AM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]Right on top of the ground...gotta love hunting in the woods! She's a beauty, Ed Yes With the date makes it even better!!!

Hunter Safety Tip #1: Always remember, if you're detecting alone in the woods and suddenly hear someone playing a banjo, RUN!!!

Joe

Well Joe besides the machine beep I constantly hear ringing bells in my ears as a result of almost never using hearing protection during my years in the trade. So Banjo's would be a real break in the monotony. Lol! But Thanks Bro! I am thinking I'm going where no detectorist has gone. Or wants to go, for that matter. Oh, and the 80 foot water crossing was ankle deep at best; might be going water detecting here shortly.

ODF

(07-28-2015 07:10 PM)Gerry F Wrote: [ -> ]Congrats! Love those dated SLQ's.

So do I Gerry! Not many around but I know you found a BEAUTY earlier this year!

ODF

(07-28-2015 07:12 PM)PittsburghWill Wrote: [ -> ]Sweet coin Ed. That's amazing it was just laying there. I wonder how many years or decades it's been there.

That's the best question Will! This area is a flood washout. But not entirely. Some of it is elevated about 4 feet above. Big trees, 6 inches of leaf debris, moss and grass in some areas. There's an old curved stone erosion wall built right across from where it's at that was built back in the 1930's. Probably by the WPA. I found that 1938 Washington and the ? 1919 Merc over there, near the wall. This area is about a little over an acre and trashed with old flood debris. Pretty easy to get to from the wall area when the water is down in the river. And this SLQ was about dead across from where I found those other two silvers. I think it may have been dropped by mason's taking a break on the wall across the river. Feed your head!

ODF
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's