Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Two Guys find ATM cash - one gets caught -
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Here is the link to a recent NJ story you can click on the video to see them pick it up -
Crazy story for sure - not very smart of them

http://abcnews.go.com/Weird/wireStory/po...s-32799222
Here is the story if you don't want to click on the link:
One of two men suspected of making off with a bag containing $150,000 in cash that was mistakenly left behind by ATM workers bought an SUV with the money hours later, police said.

Alton Harvey, 42, of Hillside, was arrested Wednesday after police traced a white van that was captured on surveillance video pulling up to the bag of cash that the ATM employees forgot outside a business in Mahwah, in northern New Jersey, on Monday. The video showed a passenger in the van grabbing the bag.

Police said the van was seen in another video pulling into a nearby auto repair business and pilfering used tires.

After finding the van in Irvington, police arrested Harvey.

Harvey said he was driving the van and told detectives that a Chevrolet Tahoe was purchased with cash from the bag soon after it was grabbed, Police Chief James Batelli said in a news release. The SUV, which has a starting sticker price of $46,000, was parked near the van.

Detectives identified the passenger as Jamar Bludson, 35, of Newark. Police issued a warrant for Bludson, who also is wanted for a probation violation, Batelli said.

Harvey was held on $125,000 bail, charged with theft of mislaid property. It was not known if he has a lawyer who can comment on the charge.

Investigators determined the ATM workers were not involved in the theft, the chief said.
Unbelievable!!! Just being candid, but I'd take the loot, too, if it knew it was an armored car company who lost it. They're insured, nobody loses anything. How are they gonna convict this guy?! "Hey, I was driving down the road and saw a bag of money, YEAH I'm picking it up! Nope, I didn't see anything about it on the evening news, officer"

Finding someone's wallet with important documents and/or cash is different, it's personal. Someone is gonna hurt losing that stuff. An armored car company???

Use your theft insurance!

Joe
Guys a dope! Rush right out and buy a $46,000 SUV! CASH! Duh!

This guy ain't joining the "Goodfellas" real soon!!!

ODF
Yeah, you got it a big dope!

Karl Von Muller said many years ago - keep your mouth shut!
I worked for an armored car company, and honestly I'm surprised there aren't more inside jobs. They paid me 8.25 to take care of millions ,wear a gun and vest. Yet the boss drove a BMW.....
Wow, at those rates I am surprised too! I hope you only stayed there a short time to get started in your career
Reference URL's