Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Hunt Permission Granted
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
There are a couple of older victorian style homes in nearby towns I've had my eye on for a while now. I would always drive past and drool. I'm not terribly big on door knocking unless I'm in a smaller, rural community somewhere. But I'd always pass these homes and hope someone was sitting on the porch so I might strike up a conversation. Well...

I was driving past them the other day, and noticed a guy out in front of one of the houses watering his grass...BINGO!

I pulled over and approached the fella, and he was very gracious. Former history teacher, of all things Happy Anywho, he said the house was built in 1891, and he's the third owner from the original. Said I can come by anytime and search the property. Now for the bad part...

The front of the house doesn't have a lot of grass to work with, although enough. However, these folks have obviously done some landscaping to beautify the place...FILL Sad Also...

The owner said the backyard was originally sloped, but is now level...more fill.

Still, I'd rather hunt this place than the million of other spots around here that have been beaten to death. I'm sure there are at least a couple of goodies hiding out. These things are ALWAYS a crapshoot, but it's nice to know I have an older property to work come fall Yes

Joe
Great move, best of luck. Keep us informed
Good luck and get your self a nice dirt mat so you leave the area nice and clean.

He may know a few other people and if you ask he may make a call or at least give you a name or two.
Good luck , Joe. Looking forward to seeing your finds.
Great hit Joe! Regardless of the fill, give it hell!! Hope you find a bunch!!!
Happy hunting Joe! Can't wait to see your finds!
Sounds great. There has to be something good in there.
Reference URL's