Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Close...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
But no cigar!!! X 3! Finally had a chance to make it out today. Was only going to hunt for 2 hours or so, but everytime I wanted to leave I'd find another goodie. I wound up doing 5 hours. It was pretty hot out, but not the excruciating stuff we've had lately.

First couple of hours were a bust, nothing but broken car decals and nonsense like that. I was just about to leave after 2 hours, when I hit the junker charm, so figured I'd go a little while more. Thought it was gold when I first saw it, but I got hoodwinked, lol. Maybe a half hour later I got the 14k charm, which I was PRETTY sure was gold, but turned out to only be gold bonded! Are you starting to see a theme? Chuckle

The very next signal I heard after I filled the hole in on the gold charm, was definitely a silver...right depth...numbers...size, etc. Sure enough, it was a merc...1916!!! I slowly turn it over...but no D No

Things got quiet again for awhile, and I was literally swinging back to my car a couple hours later, when I hit the half penny. Right next to it I got the V nickel...a spill maybe. Then I got the money clip, which is pretty awesome.

Some other doo-dads to round out the hunt, too. It was DAMN good to dig again after 3 or 4 weeks Beer

Joe
Nice Joe! Wish I was there with you. Still too hot for me. Pretty soon. Gerry
Nice digs

Congrats on some silver and almost some gold!! Wink Cool digs either way!

The little buckle is probably off a leather strap on a bag or possibly a horse tack buckle of some sort. Just my guess but if you want to call it a small shoe buckle you can!! Happy

Glad you got out and could hunt for a bit!
(08-05-2015 06:11 PM)Ron (CA) Wrote: [ -> ]Nice digs

Congrats on some silver and almost some gold!! Wink Cool digs either way!

The little buckle is probably off a leather strap on a bag or possibly a horse tack buckle of some sort. Just my guess but if you want to call it a small shoe buckle you can!! Happy

Glad you got out and could hunt for a bit!

I forgot to add the money clip, my favorite find of the day! Up top now Happy

Leather strap I wasn't thinking, Ron, but the horse angle crossed my mind...saddle wear maybe Huh Who knows, I'm just an expert at finding it, I leave the i.d.'s to the rank & file! Chuckle Tongue

Maybe I need to pick me up one of these...
Nice to see that you are able to get out and swing the coil. Are these finds from the older victorian style home you recently got permission to hunt?
Great to hear you got out! Nice bunch a doodads Joe! Beer Congrats on the half penny and the V and too bad on the Merc but it's in nice shape. Like all the others' too. That's the kind of stuff that makes a hunt fun!!!! Bust here! Cans and background mineralization for three hours! No

ODF
(08-05-2015 07:28 PM)biggredd1972 Wrote: [ -> ]Nice to see that you are able to get out and swing the coil. Are these finds from the older victorian style home you recently got permission to hunt?

No, Redd, this was at an old park. This place is a crapshoot, some days you get busted, and some days you go home fat. Today was pretty good. I'm looking forward to that house in the fall though. There's been a lot of landscaping done, so we'll see if there's anything still hiding out there.

(08-05-2015 08:23 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]Great to hear you got out! Nice bunch a doodads Joe! Beer Congrats on the half penny and the V and too bad on the Merc but it's in nice shape. Like all the others' too. That's the kind of stuff that makes a hunt fun!!!! Bust here! Cans and background mineralization for three hours! No

ODF

Well, no complaining from you, you've been doing terrific! Yes Honestly, and Gerry will attest to this, I emailed him the other night saying I was going to hit one of our spots, but I wasn't expecting to find much, as this place is tough. So, I was more than happy with the outcome. Although to be honest, sheet, it was just nice being out hunting again Happy

Joe
Nice going dude!! Im jealous, dont have time right now.
Reference URL's