Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Remember Bob Ross?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I love that guy. Used to watch him religiously years ago. He actually puts me to sleep with his voice. It looks so simple, but it's not. I went out and bought one of his painting kits many moons ago, and long story short...the whole house reeked of turpentine & oil paints, lol. I had that crap on the floors, walls, it was EVERYWHERE. Ha! I caught an episode this morning, and it brought me back to the 80"s/90"s.

Joe
I remember watching PBS way back in the day his hair always made me laugh. White dude with an afro but he did have a lot of artistic talent for sure.
Bob Ross was awesome!!

"Happy Little Trees!!" And he would paint a wonderful piece in an hour!! Would take me 2 hours just to get set up!!

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTp_k1iNsooJQPTtonKglO...nVPwNIhdHy]
Loved that show! He was a fabulous artist! I really just loved to watch him create such great landscape art from a blank canvas. He had a certain magic; a calming sort of personality and was a real storyteller of his paintings. Sorry that he is gone now and that no one has picked it up. Don't watch too much TV anymore, except for old Westerns and War movies. Screw the news.

ODF
Yeah he was terrific. His paint sets are worth some cash if you still have one. Mine was eaten up by the dog or basement flood.
I remember his soft voice could almost put you to sleep, here are five things about him, pretty cool info

http://mentalfloss.com/article/23260/5-h...t-bob-ross
Oh yeah. He was awesome.
I looked it up and his show is still on one of the pbs stations here in Pittsburgh. The Joy of Painting.
Reference URL's