Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Last Weeks Beach/Surf Hunt = GOLD
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey all

Went out for a water/surf hunt last week and scored a nice gold Crucifix.
Sorry it took so long to post - been really busy lately.

When I got to the beach I could see the storm/s rolling in off in the distance so I didn't have as much time as I had hoped for to hunt the surf.

I got a total of approx. 1 hr in before the wind, lightning and rain became so bad that I had to take cover/leave - the temps dropped from 90 and super humid to 67 and cold in like minutes flat!! There were a couple tornadoes here in Michigan and straight line wind damage was widespread due to the severity of the storm... The waves were 4 to 6 ft high and crashing into me and the water was warm = I love it when it gets like that!!

I wish I would have had at least another 1.5 hrs or so to hunt but it wasn't a total loss as I did get 1 recent drop GOLD! 2 tone 14k cross!! Looked high/low for the chain but to no avail (td)

My total take shown below minus a few pull-tabs and tin-can lids/etc...

Beer

[Image: surf%20001_zps86yqbpho.jpg]

[Image: surf%20002_zpsj12ny3wi.jpg]
Nice find congrats on the gold.
Really nice catch on the gold MRH!! That's a beauty!

ODF
Hello MichiganRelichunter, too bad the weather didn't hold up for you - but it appears that your take home pay was making you smile, congratulations!
That sure looks damn pretty, Wayne Yes Starting next year, I'm going back to beach hunting every July & August. Not being able to detect comfortably due to heat and dry ground for 2 months kills me. Plus, we've got some really old beaches here, and I'm looking forward to what turns up.
Congratulations on the Gold Wayne and Joe you need to brush your teeth LOL.
nice find!
(08-10-2015 01:33 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]That sure looks damn pretty, Wayne Yes Starting next year, I'm going back to beach hunting every July & August. Not being able to detect comfortably due to heat and dry ground for 2 months kills me. Plus, we've got some really old beaches here, and I'm looking forward to what turns up.

I don't blame you a bit there Joe!

I'd love to hunt some east coast beaches Yes
Reference URL's