Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: 24 HR edit only??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Don't like the fact that someone changed the edit time to 24 hrs

problems I find are:

1: if you later want to add comment to the original post say as an update/etc = you don't have the ability to do so any longer

and

same goes for if you want to add a new or more pictures at a later date like if you went back to the same spot for some diggin and now have new photos to add/commentary = no can do now No

Just my .02 center's worth on the matter Rolleyes
I didn't know that MRH! But I agree.

ODF
(08-12-2015 09:24 PM)MichiganRelicHunter Wrote: [ -> ]Don't like the fact that someone changed the edit time to 24 hrs

problems I find are:

1: if you later want to add comment to the original post say as an update/etc = you don't have the ability to do so any longer

and

same goes for if you want to add a new or more pictures at a later date like if you went back to the same spot for some diggin and now have new photos to add/commentary = no can do now No

Just my .02 center's worth on the matter Rolleyes

Wayne, yes, it's not the best scenario, I fully agree. The primary reason most sites have any editing window at all is simple. Anytime someone edits an older post/thread, it creates a duplicate on the backend of the system for storage purposes, search engine spiders, etc., since, in effect, it is a new post. This can create a drag on both the system, and, more importantly, the website itself, in the form of loading times, title tags, and a host of other stuff. To prevent this, we opted to give a 24 hour window to edit a post in case of typo's, missing information, etc. It may not be optimal in the rare event someone wishes to edit a post after 24 hours, but in terms of keeping the site humming at peak efficiency, it's what works best. Again though...

It is a bit of a pain when later editing is needed Happy

Joe
Accepted and understandable.
Okay Joe. Thanks

Beer
Reference URL's