Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Silver in the hole!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have not been out dirtfishing in a while for coins. I have been to a few parks. Well today I decided to go to a house that I gained permission for a few weeks back. The humidity was low and temps only in the 80's so I took advantage at it. I hunted where the old dirt tennis court was. I got a wheat where the court would have been and a few behind it. I went around a small dogwood tree and got a 12-44 12-45 at 3in on the CTX. I was hocked to see the rim of silver. I have not seen silver in the wI haven't been dirtfishing in a long time for silver. I went out today back to a house I tried before. Today I hunted where the old dirt tennis court was. Right against a dogwood tree I got a 12-44 12-45 at 2 to 3 inches. My first Silver in a long time. A 1941 Washington quarter I have not seen silver in the hole in a long time. This makes Silver #47 and a great way to make a comeback. LOL
I did find 3 wheats total a crackerjack token in horrible shape and a badge seen below.

[Image: 100_2532_zpsfs60u1uy.jpg]
[Image: 20150813_142128_zps1zbcssoi.jpg]
[Image: 100_2536_zps2vjvatbv.jpg]
[Image: 100_2537_zps3gemch9q.jpg]
Beautiful BIG silver! Love the badge, too!!! How accurate would you say the CTX is on sniffing out good targets (coins & relics) that are in the hole/near iron? This is where the CTX earns it's praise from what I've seen and heard, and would love your opinion. I heard the separation is killer.

P.S. - Yeah, the temps/humidity are just crazy here in the northeast. I'm mostly on a detecting vacation till Fall.

Joe
LOVE the BIG Silver Wild!!! Yes Looks like an Army medal of sorts! Congrats on #47!!!

ODF
Congratulations on those finds!
Thanks guys! It was good to see it in the hole again!
Nice find on the silver and badge. Had to get your heart pumping.
Awesome finds! I have a weakness for silver!
Nice digs. A silver quarter is always a great find.
Reference URL's