Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Would you tell ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Don't know If I would report this if I made an epic discovery like this.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/pola...=thanksdhp

Would you ?
I don't think I'd want to tell.  However, with all of that history coming to light after 70 years, someone would say something and you'd probably find yourself in prison for not saying anything.

This is another one I saw and thought the same thing...

[font='Times New Roman', serif]http://www.foxnews.com/science/2015/08/2...ida-beach/[/font]
I see Fla. can retrieve 20 percent to put in museums. Here is my problem with that. They didn't look for it , they shouldn't get any. I understand paying taxes on what you cash in. To me it's wrong when the government can take away what isn't theirs.

On the Nazi train discovery I would leave the paintings and such on the train.
Cool to speculatre but I can't wait to see if the are truthful.

Would I tell, probaby I would and I would use video of the train and it's contents to sell it to the History channel.....would be a great treasure story for sure.

I want to add a quick story about my dad - he was in the 1254th combat engineers. At the end of the war their company was notified to investigate a tunnel and they found ammo and paintings but most were sealed. The Captain didn't feel they should open anything and reported their findings.
When the movie came out about finding treasure that was stolen - the captain wrote a article about his company and thier story. That made me more interested in the movie....
anyway thanks for reading
Good luck out there!
Good stuff Tony. Gotta figure there are all kinds of different treasures in the world just hiding from mankind. Even in America there has to be treasures hidden that weren't recorded. Commerce has been happening since the beginning of time.
I think most of us are in the same boat...

We're working our a$$es off and handing over half (if not more) of our hard earned money to uncle sam. Everything seems to keep going up, except our paychecks and the interest we get from banks. And the cherry on top of the ice cream sundae is, while we should be gaining MORE rights because of this, more of them are being TAKEN from us everyday. The middle-class working man was once the backbone of this country, and now we're treated like suckers at a P.T. Barnum exhibit. So, would I tell anyone or contact the authorities if I found something like that?

Absolutely NOT Happy

Joe
I am waiting to see if these guys really found it or not. There are numerous rumors of Nazi stolen treasure. I think every country that was occupied by them has one. And maybe some are true. We'll see.

And I don't blame these guys for coming up front with the info and asking 10%. I would've asked for 50% and given myself some room to negotiate. But to try and keep this a real secret would be one big pain in the ass. "Hey Ed, where'd ya get that 5 kilo gold bar from with the Swastika on it?", and Ed replies, "Oh that's fake, it's just a doorstop, and that Rembrandt in the family room, it's just a copy!" Really????

I mean how in the heck do you hide this stuff? I know, on a train in a sealed RR tunnel!!!

ODF
(08-20-2015 08:01 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]I am waiting to see if these guys really found it or not. There are numerous rumors of Nazi stolen treasure. I think every country that was occupied by them has one. And maybe some are true. We'll see.

And I don't blame these guys for coming up front with the info and asking 10%. I would've asked for 50% and given myself some room to negotiate. But to try and keep this a real secret would be one big pain in the ass. "Hey Ed, where'd ya get that 5 kilo gold bar from with the Swastika on it?", and Ed replies, "Oh that's fake, it's just a doorstop, and that Rembrandt in the family room, it's just a copy!" Really????

I mean how in the heck do you hide this stuff? I know, on a train in a sealed RR tunnel!!!

ODF

Melt it down into smaller amounts and sell them off over time. Where there's a will, there's a way. Whoever lost/hid/stole that is long gone IMO. Don't think anyone would be actively looking for it.

Of course, NOBODY except goverment officials are getting anywhere near that lake now, so this is a moot point.

Joe
I'm with Joe , ya melt it. Ed I would leave the paintings. I'm not greedy. I just want the precious metals. I couldn't give two hoots about finding a Rembrandt. I would even leave the precious stones. One other thing Ed. If you want to negotiate you never start at 50%.  Cash
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's